At Atlantic Health System, we know you want the best health care available, and Atlantic Health System is dedicated to providing the highest quality health care to you and your loved ones. We abide by the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) definition for quality and its six specific goals to ensure continuous quality improvement - quality health care should be:
- Safe: helps cure the patient instead of causing more injury or discomfort
- Effective: provides the right services to the right people only when they really need them
- Patient-centered: considers the patient's preferences and requests in every health care decision regarding diagnosis and treatment
- Timely: provides treatment quickly, reducing waits and sometimes harmful delays
- Efficient: targets the application of resources (staff, supplies, equipment) to maximize resource use and avoid passing on costs to the patient
- Equitable: ensures that every patient receives the same standard of care regardless of gender, ethnicity, geographic location and socioeconomic status
We look far beyond providing health care that simply meets the requirements for regulatory compliance and baseline health care safety; we aim to achieve measurable excellence against both national standards and our local competitors' track records. Only by providing the highest quality care can we continue to lead the quest for even better diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
We encourage our patients to compare Atlantic Health System’s quality of service by accessing the following online resources:
Atlantic Health System is a key member of many local, regional and national organizations that pursue and define excellence in health care. They include the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), New Jersey Hospital Association (NJHA), and New Jersey Council of Teaching Hospitals (NJCTH). As a member of these groups, we not only help determine the direction of health care provision, but advocate for our patients and their physicians in a national arena, ensuring that their needs and your needs will be met by health care providers throughout the country.