Treating a pediatric sleep disorder depends largely on the type of sleep problem the child is experiencing. At the Pediatric Sleep Disorder Center, we treat:
- Circadian rhythm disorder – Children who have difficulty maintaining regular sleep patterns may benefit from behavioral modifications, such as not staying in bed during daytime hours and keeping to a regular schedule of activities and mealtimes.
- Narcolepsy – Excessive sleepiness may need to be treated medically.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – OSA may be treated by losing weight, using nasal sprays and changing sleep positions. In more severe cases, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine may be necessary. Learn more >
- Parasomnias – Household safety measures, such as moving furniture and blocking staircases, are often necessary to ensure sleepwalkers don’t trip and fall.
As part of Atlantic Health System Children’s Health, physician services are provided through Atlantic Medical Group and are on staff at Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Overlook
Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building
11 Overlook Road, Suite 230
Summit, NJ 07901
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Morristown