Hearing loss can affect people of all ages, making it one of the most common chronic health conditions in America. To meet the needs of these patients, Atlantic Rehabilitation provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services using the latest audiological technology, including hearing aids and cochlear implants.
Audiological Conditions Treated
- Middle ear problems
- Inner ear problems
- Auditory processing
- Ototoxicity, or ear poisoning
- Hereditary hearing loss
- Noise exposure
- Confirmed hearing loss
Patients with certain types of hearing loss may require a referral to an otolaryngologist, or a physician specializing in ear, nose and throat disorders.
Diagnostic Tests for Hearing Loss
- Pure-tones and speech audiometry
- Electrocochleography (ECOG)
- Otoacoustic emissions (OAE)
- Brainstem auditory evoked response (BAER)
- Auditory steady state response (ASSR)
Atlantic Rehabilitation provides evaluations, fittings and follow-up care for some of the most advanced digital hearing aid technology available on the market today. Our licensed audiologists use real ear verification and sound-field aided measurements to ensure that devices not only perform at the highest level, but also fit comfortably. Loaner hearing aids are available and repeat patients are eligible for discounts through our customer loyalty program.
Patients with cochlear implants – surgically placed electronic hearing devices – can turn to Atlantic Rehabilitation for post-surgical adjustments. Our team of audiologists and speech pathologists specialize in evaluations, program re-mapping and training for all three major brands of cochlear implants. Accessories are also available for purchase through our department.
- Assistive listening devices, including personal amplifiers and amplified telephones
- Swim molds
- Custom-made musician plugs, attenuators and ear buds
- Newborn hearing screening follow-ups
- Industrial and preschool hearing screenings
- Pediatric audiology
Atlantic Rehabilitation – Cedar Knolls
6 Saddle Road
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
- Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 7:00pm, and Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm.
- Adult physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and audiology, as well as pediatric audiology, are available at this location. Fax: 973-290-7629
- Request an Appointment Now
- 6 Saddle Road
New Providence Campus