Rehabilitation after an injury or surgery can sometimes be difficult because of pain. The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill®, developed with NASA technology, solves this problem by allowing patients to exercise at reduced body weight, while maintaining normal running or walking movements.
At Atlantic Rehabilitation, we offer this anti-gravity treadmill for a wide variety of patients, such as:
- Orthopedic patients with limited strength, weight-bearing restrictions or those recovering from surgery
- Lower extremity amputees learning to use their prosthetic device
- Arthritis patients and older adults whose pain limits their movements
- Athletes recovering from injuries
- Active runners looking to reduce stress on their muscles and joints
- Post-physical therapy patients who want to re-establish an exercise routine
- Neurological patients in need of gait or walking training
- Adults looking to lose weight
Benefits of the Anti-Gravity Treadmill
With the AlterG, rehabilitation can begin sooner regardless of limited mobility or weight-bearing restrictions. Other benefits include:
- Pain-free movement
- Rapid return of motor control
- Protection of tissue that is still healing
- Improved range of motion
- Smooth progression to full recovery
Medical Arts Center (MAC) II – Overlook Medical Center
New Providence Campus
Overlook Medical Center - Union Campus
111 Madison Avenue – Morristown
111 Madison Avenue
First Floor, Suite 110
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7:00am to 7:30pm, and Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00am to 7:30pm.
- Fax: 973-290-7219; online appointments are available for physical therapy services.
- Request an Appointment Now
- 111 Madison Avenue
Request an Appointment Now
Your next physical therapy session is just a click away. Request an appointment at select Atlantic Rehabilitation locations using our online scheduling service.
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.