In-person sleep studies — including adult polysomnography, multiple sleep latency, titration and split night studies, as well as maintenance of wakefulness tests — are available at our Livingston and Chilton Medical Center locations. Our pediatric sleep center is also providing overnight sleep studies for children.
Home sleep studies are available through sleep center’s location in Livingston and at Chilton Medical Center. Please schedule an appointment for in-person device pick up.
To arrange a study or for further assistance, please call the center at 973-971-4567.
Having a sleep study at Atlantic Sleep Centers requires some preparation on behalf of the patient.
- Shampoo your hair and make sure it is free of hair spray or other styling products
- Bring comfortable sleeping attire
- Arrive on time for your appointment
- Contact us at least 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel
- Call ahead if you feel ill on the day of your test
- Bring an up-to-date insurance card, personal identification and a list of your current medications.
- Remind family and loved ones that they may not remain at our center with you overnight (patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- Eat your regular evening meal before arriving
- Bring the completed sleep questionnaire, which will be mailed to you in advance of your appointment
- Consume alcohol, caffeine, sedatives or stimulants for 24 hours prior to your test, unless otherwise directed by a physician
- Nap on the day of your test
- Bring any valuables, such as jewelry
- Smoke on our premises
We recommend that patients bring all of their current medications with them and plan to continue to take them as normal, unless a physician instructs otherwise. This includes over the counter medications, such as Tylenol, aspirin and ibuprofen.
Exceptions apply for patients who are scheduled for a multiple latency sleep test (MSLT). Those individuals may need to avoid stimulant medications for up to two weeks prior to the exam. Please check with your physician beforehand.