Treating a sleep disorder depends largely on the type of sleep problem the patient is experiencing. At Atlantic Health Sleep Centers, we treat:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- - The most common treatments for OSA are dental appliances or a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines, depending upon the severity of the condition.
- - Cognitive behavioral therapy, biofeedback, sleep restriction therapy and relaxation techniques are all ways of treating the inability to sleep or stay asleep.
- Restless legs syndrome (RLS) and periodic limb movement disorder
- - Alleviating sleep movement disorders usually requires a symptom-based approach to treatment. This includes massaging the leg muscles, taking hot baths before bed or applying heating pads to the affected area. Medications and supplements, such as B12 and iron, may also be prescribed.
- - Sleep physicians develop personalized treatment plans to manage this condition.
Please note: Atlantic Health Sleep Center's services at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center have combined and moved to a new location at 5 Regent Street, Livingston, NJ.