Fellowship Research Requirements
The Rheumatology Fellowship Program includes several research opportunities beginning in the first year, culminating in a full-year research project during the second year.
Fellows may choose a research mentor(s) and then join an ongoing project or create their own. Fellows are expected to present their findings at regional and/or national meetings and are encouraged to publish in peer reviewed journals.
- Case presentations
- Clinical review articles
- Investigator-initiated clinical research studies
- Quality improvement research project
- Participation in annual Atlantic Health System Research symposium
- Participation in relevant local/regional/national research conferences (i.e. ACP, ACR, FOCIS).
Additional Research Opportunities:
- Clinical trials (phase 2-4) experience
- Laboratory research affiliation with Biomedical Research Institute of New Jersey
- Laboratory research affiliation with Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals