As part of Atlantic Health System, Newton Medical Center has made the bold leap from a community care location to a state-of-the-art, award-winning medical facility. One of the advantages of my long-time involvement with the hospital is sharing the stories of the great things we’re accomplishing here. Some of the highlights include:
- 22 new private patient rooms with the safest equipment and modern accommodations for all who come through our doors.
- A wound care and occupational/physical therapy unit that offers modern treatment and equipment that’s close to home for many.
- The Advanced Care Unit for Pediatrics and Adults, which provides 24/7 extended evaluation and treatment, and features twelve private rooms with in-room sleeping accommodations for family members.
- A reconfigured lobby that serves as an efficient, convenient area for people needing outpatient services and now includes a retail pharmacy.
- The Romano Conference and Education Center, which has expanded our capabilities for clinical training, health and community education, and staff development.
- A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) suite that allows patients to receive critical diagnostic testing without having to travel to an additional outpatient facility.
- The Center for Breast Health, featuring 3D mammography, which allows Newton Medical Center to provide the highest level of diagnostic breast services for our community.
While Newton Medical Center continues to make advances, we understand that we’re a special kind of hospital because of the values we embrace. We know most of our patients by name because they are not just our patients; they are our friends, neighbors, co-workers and loved ones. And we take care of them with the same respect, compassion and dignity with which we all wish to be treated.
In addition, we are fully committed to hiring the best physicians, nurses and technologists, to providing the best facilities and the latest technologies, and to giving our patients quality, compassionate care, close to home.
On behalf of all of us who serve Newton Medical Center in many different capacities, I thank everyone who supports our hospital. Together we will continue to invest in making Newton Medical Center a hospital that will serve our community today and far into the future.
Chairman, Newton Medical Center Foundation