While some children will do far better this school year because of the return to in-person learning, others are experiencing heightened anxiety.
Jason Minion, MD, a pediatric psychiatrist with Atlantic Medical Group, joined New Jersey Family in a video to share strategies parents can use to help their children.
Learn more about:
- Recognizing signs of anxiety, like stomach aches and other feelings that may be amplified by anxiety
- Checking in and encouraging your child to share their feelings
- Listening to your child's worries and fears and letting them know they're not alone
- Providing age-appropriate facts about the pandemic
- What to do when kids aren't opening up about worries
- Leading by example
- Seeking help when needed
Watch the Video
News for a Healthier You: Sign Up Now
Get updates on the latest health and wellness articles, events and services offered by Atlantic Health System.
This form is for North American residents only.