What is pelvic floor therapy and how can it help you?
Learn about the basic anatomy of the pelvic floor for men and women, its function, and how dysfunction can lead to pain, incontinence, constipation, and muscle imbalance among other issues from pelvic floor therapist Jenna Silverman, MS, OTR/L. She also explains how specialized pelvic floor therapy can get you back to a life without leaking, pain, or pregnancy related dysfunction.
Learn more about
- What is the pelvic floor?
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor and how it impacts bowel and bladder functioning, support and protection of organs and intimacy.
- Common dysfunctions of the pelvic floor
- What conditions pelvic floor therapy can treat
- Why you should talk to your doctor if you're experiencing leakage, pain, prolapse or other issues.
- What happens during pelvic floor therapy
- The role of breath in pelvic floor function
- Treatments like kegels, internal and external techniques, and biofeedback.
- How to get into pelvic floor rehab
Watch the Webinar
News for a Healthier You: Sign Up Now
Get updates on the latest health and wellness articles, events and services offered by Atlantic Health System.
This form is for North American residents only.