Vital Stats 2019:
- 1,232 employees
- 503 physicians/providers
- 148 licensed beds*
- 8,185 admissions
- 500 births
- 37,131 emergency visits
- 94.026 outpatient visits
1Normal newborn bassinets are not licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and are not included; intermediate and intensive bassinets are licensed and included.
Designing and delivering high quality, innovative and personalized health care, to build healthier communities and improve lives for patients, consumers, and caregivers
Improving Lives, Empowering Communities Through Health, Hope and Healing
Awards, Certifications and Affiliations
- Baby-Friendly Designated Birth Facility by Baby-Friendly USA
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Program Certificate received by AACVPR
- Newton Medical Center Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Primary Stroke Center certification from the NJ Department of Health and the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading health care evaluation and accreditation organization, the only one in Warren & Sussex county to receive this distinction
- The Imaging Department has received accreditation from The Joint Commission, and certification from the American College of Radiology (ARC) in the areas of Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Ultrasound (US), and Mammography
- Pathology and Laboratory Services received accreditation from The Joint Commission, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and New Jersey Department of Health
- Outstanding Achievement Award and Three-Year Approval with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Atlantic Behavioral Health recipient of the achievement certificate from American Psychiatric Association; certificate of recognition from the State Division of Mental Health and Addition Services and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- Newton Medical is one of a select few health care facilities in New Jersey to be accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in all three of the following echocardiography procedures: adult transthoracic, adult transesophogeal and adult stress.
- Opened on July 19, 1932 and serves the people of Sussex and Warren counties in New Jersey, Pike County in Pennsylvania and southern Orange County in New York
Key Services and Certifications
- Atlantic Behavioral Health
- Atlantic Rehabilitation
- Center for Breast Health, the only center of its kind in Sussex County, addressing all of a woman’s breast health needs including state of the art technology, resources, education, support and follow up care.
- Operates Sparta Health & Wellness, as well as Milford Health & Wellness, in Milford, Pa.
- The Charles L. Tice Heart Center for Diagnostic Services offers the latest diagnostic cardiac technology and expert care from Newton Medical Center’s board-certified cardiologists.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Diabetes Management, recognized by the American Diabetes Association
- Atlantic Health Weight and Wellness Center, offering coordinated metabolic medicine and bariatric surgery