Atlantic Health System provides a lung cancer screening program that is covered by Medicare and other commercial insurance companies.* This test uses low-dose computed tomography (LDCT) that only takes a few minutes to complete and may identify lung cancer at earlier, more curable stages. When compared to chest X-rays used in early detection, the LDCT screening reduces lung cancer deaths in high risk individuals by 20 percent.
Lung Cancer Screening Qualifications
Qualifications to participate in our lung cancer screening program include those who:
- are between the ages of 50 and 80
- are current smokers or have quit within the last 15 years
- have a minimum a 20-pack year or greater history of cigarette smoking (packs years = packs per day/years smoking)
- have no history of lung cancer
Lung Cancer Screening Results
- All participants will receive a letter explaining the results and interpretation of the LDCT and screenings and follow-up care, if needed.
- Referring physicians will receive a formal interpretation within 24 hours of the exam.
- All participants will be entered into Atlantic Health System’s lung screening database, so they can receive annual reminders for follow-up care and notifications of events and programs offered by us.
Lung Cancer Screening Appointments
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 1-844-228-5864. A prescription or order from your physician is required for the LDCT. We offer multiple screening locations for your convenience.
*Patients should call their insurance company first to verify coverage.
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.