The Respiratory Center for Children has nurse educators, social workers, nutritionists and an educational program to help support families who have children with chronic respiratory illnesses.
Nurse educators assure continuity of care by providing ongoing assistance to our patients and their families. Services include:
- Disease-specific education and counseling
- Guidance throughout the entire diagnosis and treatment process
Social Work Services
Our social worker helps our patients and their families handle the physical, emotional and financial stresses of living with a chronic illness. Services include:
- Education and support groups
- Individual counseling
- Referrals to community-based services
- Nutritionists play an important role in the well-being of our patients. Services include:
- Education and counseling on good nutrition for growth and development
- Nutritional plans that coincide with medical treatment to address specific needs
Pulmonary Education Program
Our center offers counseling sessions – either through support groups or ongoing contact with the pediatric nurses and social workers – that help families cope with the day-to-day stress of their child’s chronic respiratory illness. We also work with school systems to educate teachers, administrators, school nurses and students about the dangers of smoking and lung disease. Tailored education programs can be designed by request.
As part of Atlantic Health System Children's Health, physician services are provided by Atlantic Medical Group.
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Overlook
Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building
11 Overlook Road, Suite 230
Summit, NJ 07901
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building
Sparta Health and Wellness Center
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Morristown
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at East Brunswick
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Flemington
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.