Diagnostic tests measuring blood flow in veins in the abdomen and pelvic area are noninvasive and can provide cardiac care physicians with vital information about your heart and circulatory system.
Atlantic Health System Heart Care at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center and Chilton Medical Center offers abdominal, visceral, genital and urinary vascular studies:
- Abdominal duplex study – uses ultrasound to view abdominal arteries or veins and requires fasting prior to the test
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) inferior vena cava (IVC) screening
- Superior mesenteric artery (SMA) screening
- Renal screening (arteries and veins)
- Testicular ultrasound – produces an image of the veins in the scrotum, allowing measurement of the diameter of the veins and the direction of blood flow
- Abdominal vascular ultrasound – provides an image of the main blood vessels in the abdomen and the blood flow to and from organs in the abdomen, and may include the testicles
Heart care services may vary by location. Please confirm when booking an appointment.