The physicians and team members at Atlantic Health System Maternity Centers are committed to helping expectant parents safely and comfortably welcome their newborns as we face the challenges of COVID-19 in our communities. Read COVID-19 FAQs and a message for expectant parents>
You should select a pediatrician before your baby is born. Ask your obstetrician for names, and talk with other parents about the pediatricians they use. Many pediatricians offer a special time for parents to come and visit the office, learn about the physicians and staff, and ask questions. There may or may not be a charge for this visit. Before you spend time interviewing prospective pediatricians, make sure their services are covered by your insurance.
Atlantic Health System maternity centers recommend these points to consider when choosing a pediatrician:
- Is the office near your home or place of work?
- How long does it take to get there during rush hour?
- Is parking convenient?
- Does the practice have more than one office?
- Are the same pediatricians at the same offices all the time?
- What are the office hours?
- Are there weekend and/or evening hours?
- How do you make an appointment?
- Is there a special time when you can call in to “Ask the Doctor”?
- Is this pediatrician listed as a provider on your insurance plan?
- Is he or she affiliated with a hospital on your insurance plan?
- How long do you have to wait in the office before you are seen?
- Is there a separate waiting area for sick children?
- Does the office staff seem friendly and interested in children?
- Does the pediatrician have a specialty or area of interest?
- Will your child see the same pediatrician for all visits?
- Whom should you call if your child gets sick during the night or on weekends?
Chilton Medical Center
97 West Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
- Effective 3/28/2020 - To prepare for an anticipated surge of COVID-19 patients at our medical centers, Maternity Services at Chilton Medical Center will be temporarily relocated to Morristown Medical Center where patients will receive the same high-quality care. Please contact your doctor for information.
- 97 West Parkway
Morristown Medical Center
Newton Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center