Scoliosis is a disorder of the spine in which the vertebrae rotate and form a curvature in either the upper or lower back, often resembling the letter “C” or “S.” This condition usually develops between age 3 and 18 and may worsen during a growth spurt.
At Atlantic Health System’s Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity Center, we treat children and adults with all forms of scoliosis, including those that are idiopathic or of unknown causes, as well as those that are the result of syndromes, congenital birth defects and neuromuscular diseases. We also provide treatment for spinal deformities, like kyphosis, or hunched back, and sagittal imbalance.
Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity Diagnostic and Treatment Options
Care at our center is customized to each patient’s individual spinal deformity pattern and may include:
- Scoliosis screenings
- Growth preservation techniques
- Genetic testing to predict potential curve progression
- Bracing and fusion
- Surgery, provided by fellowship-trained scoliosis and spinal deformity surgeons
- Schroth-Barcelona Certified Physical Therapist
- For more information, please call 973-971-4452.