After a stroke, regular tasks – eating, bathing and dressing – may seem difficult or even impossible. That’s why Atlantic Rehabilitation provides stroke rehabilitation services that optimize physical and cognitive recovery and improve quality of life.
Benefits of Outpatient Stroke Rehabilitation
- Enhance physical function and skills needed to perform daily tasks
- Build strength, balance and mobility
- Improve speech and swallowing
- Develop cognitive, visual and behavioral strategies to overcome deficiencies
Stroke Rehabilitation Services
- VitalStim® Therapy – certified speech-language pathologists use this technology to electrically stimulate the muscles of the throat to improve movement and control of the muscles used in swallowing
- Bioness® – a device placed on arm and/or leg muscles that delivers safe electrical stimulation to targeted areas to increase muscle function and strength
- Wii™ -habilitation – patients can refine their skills through the use of Wii games and tasks
- Videofluoroscopy and electrical stimulation – help diagnose and treat swallowing disorders
- Robotic therapies – assist in building new neural pathways
- Medicinal care – helps manage spasticity
- Lingraphica® – augmentative device that improves communication and speech patterns
- AlterG Bionic Leg™ – first and only wearable single leg robotic trainer that is activated by the patient’s intent to move
- Support Groups – lifetime support for stroke survivors and their caregivers
In addition, our patients are encouraged to participate in mind body services that complement and enhance traditional physical, occupational and speech therapies. Through a research study conducted in collaboration with the Chambers Center for Well Being at Morristown and Overlook medical centers, we found that the use of Qi Gong in our stroke rehabilitation program reduced stress and increased patients’ functional levels.
Hackettstown Medical Center
651 Willow Grove Street
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
- Monday through Thursday, 7:45am to 7:00pm, and Friday, 7:00am to 4:30pm.
- 651 Willow Grove Street
Newton Medical Center
Atlantic Health Pavilion – Pompton Plains
Atlantic Rehabilitation – Cedar Knolls
Atlantic Rehabilitation – New Providence
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.