Our outpatient program helps patients:
- Enhance physical function and skills needed to perform daily tasks
- Build strength, balance and mobility
- Improve speech and swallowing
- Develop cognitive, visual and behavioral strategies to overcome deficiencies
Services provided include:
- VitalStim® Therapy – certified speech-language pathologists use this technology to electrically stimulate the muscles of the throat to improve movement and control of the muscles used in swallowing
- Bioness® – a device placed on arm and/or leg muscles that delivers safe electrical stimulation to targeted areas to increase muscle function and strength
- Wii™ -habilitation – patients can refine their skills through the use of Wii games and tasks
- Videofluoroscopy and electrical stimulation – help diagnose and treat swallowing disorders
- Robotic therapies – assist in building new neural pathways
- Medicinal care – helps manage spasticity
- Lingraphica® – augmentative device that improves communication and speech patterns
- AlterG Bionic Leg™ – first and only wearable single leg robotic trainer that is activated by the patient’s intent to move
- Support Groups – lifetime support for stroke survivors and their caregivers
In addition, our patients are encouraged to participate in mind body services that complement and enhance traditional physical, occupational and speech therapies. Through a research study conducted in collaboration with the Chambers Center for Well Being at Morristown and Overlook medical centers, we found that the use of Qi Gong in our stroke rehabilitation program reduced stress and increased patients’ functional levels.
Stroke rehabilitation is provided at a variety of Atlantic Rehabilitation locations, including New Providence Campus, Pompton Plains Campus, Wayne Campus, Chilton Medical Center and Atlantic Rehabilitation – Morristown.
Please call 1-855-862-2778 to schedule an appointment or to verify availability of services.