Adult volunteer positions at Morristown Medical Center are available in the main hospital, Goryeb Children's Hospital, Carol G. Simon Cancer Center and Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute.
Specific roles include:
- Child life
- – provide supervised play activities for hospitalized pediatric patients
- – deliver items throughout Morristown Medical Center; including flowers, gifts and charts; escort visitors; and accompany patients to appointments
- Emergency department
- – assist patients and visitors by keeping supplies ready and directions handy
- Gift shop
- – work at the register or stock displays in our hospital's two gift shops
- Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- – visit adult patients at their bedside and provide therapeutic activities and companionship
- Information desk associate
- – provide assistance, both in-person and over the phone, for callers and visitors to our hospital
- Partners in care
- – nursing student volunteers are assigned to a unit and work closely with the nurses on staff visiting patients and assisting in care
- Pet therapy
- – provide pet therapy services to several areas of Morristown Medical Center and Goryeb Children's Hospital; the owner must fulfill all volunteer requirements and the animal must be certified through Creature Comfort or St. Hubert's.
- Retired volunteer nurse program
- – positions for retired nurses with active registered nurse licenses who would like to assist with direct patient care
Morristown Medical Center
Volunteer Services Department
Additional Phone Numbers
Our junior volunteer program is at full capacity and currently closed. As such, we are not accepting any new high school applicants at this time. Please check back seasonally for updates.