The Atlantic Sports Health Physical Therapy Residency curriculum will entail both asynchronous and synchronous learning opportunities with 4-8 hours a week for education and 2-4 hours a week for mentoring depending on the topic.
Residents will have an opportunity, during their coursework, to shadow doctors, perform functional testing, observe performance testing, and discuss diagnostic data and patient findings with a robust inter-professional team.
Throughout the program residents will receive continuous feedback from highly trained mentors in sports physical therapy. The curriculum is as follow:
- Course I: Orthopedics
- Course 2: Medical andsurgical considerations
- Course 3: Management of acute Injury/illness
- August 26, 2024: Mid-term exam and practical week
- Course 4: Injury prevention
- Course 5: Sport performance enhancements and nutritional considerations
- Course 6: Professional roles and responsibilities
- February 24, 2025: Final practical and final exam week