A Letter from the Director
Welcome to the Overlook Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program. I am truly honored that you are taking the time to learn more about our program.
I hope that you find all the information you need to choose our program for your internal medicine training. Whether you are looking at our 1-year preliminary, or our 3-year categorical, program I recognize this decision is important and daunting. This decision will have significant impact on your career, and I want to assure you that training at Overlook will successfully prepare you for the next stage in your professional development.
As you learn more about our program, you will see our deep commitment to providing residents a high-quality education in a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment. Our curriculum is designed to expose residents to a wide variety of clinical cases, a robust didactic curriculum and provide a graduated experience as they gain more autonomy progressing towards independent practice. We are constantly working towards our goal to ensure that our graduates are prepared to be physician leaders in our changing health care environment.
Here at Overlook, our faculty members are committed to advising and mentoring our residents. I have witnessed first-hand the warm support extended to residents by our program coordinators and departmental staff. Morale is high in our program and there is an outstanding team spirit among our residents. You will be joining an unbelievable group of residents!
While our application cycle will occur via a virtual platform this year, we will maintain all the components of a traditional interview day. You will obtain more details about our program and meet with our faculty, staff, and of course our residents. Please review all our program details online. You will discover we are who we say we are - a small, supportive family-friendly program ready to prepare you for the next stage in your career.
I look forward to meeting you soon.
Our dynamic training program features:
- Three year Categorical Internal Medicine positions (11 each year)
- One year Preliminary Internal Medicine positions (2 each year)
- A supportive, family friendly learning environment
- Full ACGME accreditation
- Diverse patient population with a broad distribution of pathology
- Caring faculty dedicated to teaching and mentoring
- 24 hour supervision from faculty, hospitalists and intensivists
- Atlantic Neuroscience Institute - leading provider of neurological care in Northern New Jersey
- Atlantic Health System Libraries provide 24-hour access to Internet resources with a full complement of textbooks and journals
- Internal Medicine Boards pass rate at the national average
- Strong tradition of successful subspecialty fellowship match
- EPIC electronic medical record integrated across both inpatient and outpatient settings