The Goryeb Children’s Hospital-Atlantic Health System Pediatric Residency Program mission is to train pediatric residents in excellent academic and clinical medicine while fostering in our residents the highest level of professionalism in medicine, advocacy for children, commitment to the service of a diverse community, understanding health equity as well as global health, expand the diversity of the pediatric workforce and continue the ongoing pursuit of research and scholarly activities.
We fulfill our mission caring for the children of northern New Jersey in alignment with the Atlantic Health System's promise of providing a "trusted network of caring" by practicing evidence based, family centered, compassionate care.
- Provide opportunities and experience for our residents to attain their personal career goals in general pediatrics or subspecialty practice.
- Provide opportunities for residents to have experiential learning in community and childhood advocacy.
- Foster a sense of professional behavior and communication in a variety of settings with a culturally diverse patient population.
- Inspire an internal altruistic drive to provide care to the medically vulnerable and underserved.
- Foster diversity within our residency recruitment and maintain diversity among our residency faculty.
- Foster a desire for lifelong learning through the pursuit of scholarly activities.