Are you looking for an easy way to support your area hospital, develop new friendships, and make a valuable contribution within the community? You can by giving the gift of your time, talents and skills as a member of the Hackettstown Medical Center Auxiliary.
The purpose of the Auxiliary shall be to advance the welfare of, and render service to, Hackettstown Medical Center through ways approved or proposed by the hospital governing board and administration.
The Hackettstown Community Hospital Auxiliary was established in September 1982 by a dedicated group of volunteers who were committed to helping the hospital fulfill its mission to improve the quality of life and health status of area residents.
Since its inception, the Auxiliary has provided numerous services, not only within the hospital, but throughout the community. The Auxiliary has also been instrumental in raising funds to purchase technologically advanced equipment for the hospital to ensure that area residents always have access to the highest quality care available.
Responsibilities of the Auxiliary Include:
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the Cherry Tree Gift Shop, which is located just off the first-floor hospital lobby.
- Awarding scholarships to exemplary hospital employees who wish to continue their education, and to area students who plan to pursue careers in health care.
- Supporting the efforts of the Hackettstown Medical Center Foundation, the fund-raising arm of the hospital.
- Sponsoring a variety of fund-raising events including bake sales, book sales, and raffles.
- Hosting an annual fund-raising event that has become a region-wide celebration of the hospitals integral role in the community.
Developing Strategies for Success
In its continuing efforts to best serve the hospital, the Auxiliary has four or more general meetings each year, usually scheduled in the early afternoon. Often a speaker is invited to present a program of general interest to members of the Auxiliary.
The Executive Board of the Auxiliary holds monthly meetings to plan and execute fund-raising activities.
As a pledge to serve as an active participant in the planning, development and implementation of the Auxiliary's fund-raising events and ongoing support services, the Auxiliary's Executive Board asks that each member pay dues of $10 per year. A Lifetime Membership in the Auxiliary is also available for a one-time fee of $150. Membership is open to individuals of all ages who wish to become involved in this vital community organization.
Becoming a Member Couldn't Be Easier
If you would like to join the Hackettstown Medical Center Auxiliary, call 908-850-6876. Provide your name, address and home phone number. You will be invoiced for payment of your membership dues. It's that simple! The membership chairperson will then contact you to help you become involved in helping others!