Newton Medical Center has been providing care since 1932, serving the communities of Sussex and Warren counties in New Jersey, Pike County in Pennsylvania and southern Orange County in New York.
Our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and our parent company, Atlantic Health System, has a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University. Atlantic Health System is also a member of AllSpire Health Partners, and in 2013, received the Business Investment Award from the Sussex County Economic Development Partnership.
Additional Newton Medical Center recognitions include:
- Top 10 precent in the nation for the treatment of stroke; five star ratings for the treatment of heart failure, respiratory failure and sepsis: Healthgrades
- Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality: Human Rights Campaign Foundation Healthcare Equality Index 2017
- One of the safest hospitals in the nation: The Leapfrog Group
- Top Hospitals 2018: Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
- A High Performing Hospital in heart failure: U.S. News & World Report
Newton Medical Center’s programs and services have received prestigious recognitions and certifications, including:
- Atlantic Behavioral Health at Newton Medical Center – Significant achievement certificate: American Psychiatric Association; Certificate of recognition: State Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Behavioral Health Care
- Cancer– 2018 Outstanding Achievement Award: the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program – Accreditation: The Joint Commission; Certification: American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Charles L. Tice Heart Center for Diagnostic Services– Accredited in adult transthoracic, adult transesophogeal and adult stress echocardiography: Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Diabetes Education Program– Recognition for quality self-management education: The American Diabetes Association
- Emergency Services – Best Emergency Services: NJ Herald Reader's Choice Awards 2018
- Milford Urgent Care – Member of the American Academy of Urgent Care Medicine, which is recognized by the American Medical Association and the Urgent Care Association of America
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine– Accreditation: The Joint Commission, College of American Pathologists (CAP) and New Jersey Department of Health
- Radiology – Accreditation in the areas of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US) and mammography: The Joint Commission and American College of Radiology
- Stroke Center – Primary Stroke Center: New Jersey Department of Health; Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers: The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association; Get With the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus: American Heart Association and American Stroke Association