Newton Medical Center has been providing care since 1932, serving the communities of Sussex and Warren counties in New Jersey, Pike County in Pennsylvania and southern Orange County in New York.
Our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and our parent company, Atlantic Health System, has a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University. Atlantic Health System is also a member of AllSpire Health Partners, and in 2013, received the Business Investment Award from the Sussex County Economic Development Partnership.
Additional Newton Medical Center recognitions include:
- Top 10 percent in the nation for critical care and pulmonary care; five-star ratings for the treatment of bowel obstruction, COPD, diabetic emergencies, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, respiratory failure, sepsis and stroke: Healthgrades
- Leader in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality: Human Rights Campaign Foundation Healthcare Equality Index 2022
- One of the safest hospitals in the nation: The Leapfrog Group
- 2022 Patient Safety Excellence Award: Healthgrades
- A High Performing Hospital in COPD, heart failure, kidney failure, maternity and stroke: U.S. News & World Report
- 2021 Environmental Excellence Award: Practice Greenhealth
Newton Medical Center’s programs and services have received prestigious recognitions and certifications, including:
- Atlantic Behavioral Health at Newton Medical Center – Significant achievement certificate: American Psychiatric Association; Certificate of recognition: State Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Behavioral Health Care
- Cancer– 2018 Outstanding Achievement Award: the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program – Accreditation: The Joint Commission; Certification: American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Charles L. Tice Heart Center for Diagnostic Services– Accredited in adult transthoracic, adult transesophogeal and adult stress echocardiography: Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Diabetes Education Program– Recognition for quality self-management education: The American Diabetes Association
- Emergency Services – Gold Winner for Emergency Services: NJ Herald Best of Sussex County Awards 2020
- Maternity - Blue Distinction Center for Maternity Care. Recognized with 5-star rating for c-section delivery by Healthgrades in 2021.
- Milford Urgent Care – Member of the American Academy of Urgent Care Medicine, which is recognized by the American Medical Association and the Urgent Care Association of America
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine– Accreditation: The Joint Commission, College of American Pathologists (CAP) and New Jersey Department of Health
- Radiology – Accreditation in the areas of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US) and mammography: The Joint Commission and American College of Radiology
- Stroke Center – Primary Stroke Center: New Jersey Department of Health; Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers: The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association; Get With the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Elite Plus and Target: Diabetes Honor Rolls: American Heart Association and American Stroke Association