At the Adolescent/Young Adult Center for Health, our medical team works closely with other sub-specialists within Atlantic Health System to provide coordinated, multidisciplinary care for adolescents and young adults with acute and chronic diseases.
As part of Atlantic Health System Children’s Health, physician services are provided through Atlantic Medical Group and are on staff at Goryeb Children’s Hospital. We offer a full range of teen health services, including:
- Gynecologic care, such as the diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders, family planning and emergency contraception
- Annual physical examinations
- Evaluation and treatment of problems related to growth and development, acne, biopsychosocial disorders, eating disorders, school and behavioral problems, and substance abuse
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) or infections and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing and counseling
- Diet and nutritional counseling
- Work and sports pre-participation examinations
Adolescent Psychiatric Services
Our program also provides psychiatric evaluations for children and adolescents with a variety of disorders, including depression, attention deficit disorder (ADHD), bipolar and conduct disorders. In emergencies, our team works with Morristown Medical’s Crisis Intervention Services, as well as local community agencies that provide this type of care. We recognize that privacy is very important in treating teenagers and have the utmost respect for confidentiality in all patient cases.
Additional Phone Numbers
Goryeb Children's Center at Overlook Medical Center
- Adolescent Medicine Consultation and Appointments: 908-522-5757
- TeenHealthFX: 973-971-7402
- Eating Disorders Program: 908-522-5757
Atlantic Health System Children's Health
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
- CDC: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Acne Treatment and Research Center
- Girls Health
- CDC: Body Smarts
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Psychiatric Evaluations