Sussex County, New Jersey, benefits from two urgent care facilities, one conveniently located in Sparta and one in Newton. Access fast, affordable, urgent medical care in state-of-the-art facilities.
COVID-19 Testing Available
Newton Urgent Care provides COVID-19 testing for patients with or without symptoms by appointment. Patients must call 973-383-9898 for a virtual visit evaluation prior to obtaining a scheduled testing time.
About Sparta Urgent Care & Newton Urgent Care
Both Sparta Urgent Care and Newton Urgent Care treat you like family. Each facility provides prompt, outstanding care while treating you with warmth, kindness, and compassion.
Physicians at both locations are trained in emergency medicine and advance practice nurses are capable of seeing to your urgent care needs – whether that means bug bites, broken bones, or other injuries or illness.
Urgent Care Features
- Telehealth –
- Schedule a virtual visit with a health care professional. Symptoms can be evaluated, and recommendations given, over the phone or by video conference. Not all insurance is eligible – but we will work with you as best we can.
- On-site testing and treatment –
- From X-rays and EKGs to sutures and casting you’ll receive care at the hands of doctors and advanced practice nurses with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and treatment tools.
- Wellness services –
- We provide a range of wellness services, including vaccinations and immunizations, pre-employment and DOT physicals, as well as pediatric physicals to children enrolled in camps, sports, and other extracurricular activities. We also work with many local employers to streamline the process of drug testing and worker’s compensation exams.
- No appointment needed –
- When you’re sick or injured, you don’t have time to worry about appointments. We warmly welcome our walk-in patients.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Newton Urgent Care and Sparta Urgent Care are network participants with most insurance companies.
Common Injuries and Illnesses Treated
- Accidents and falls
- Allergies and rash
- Asthma and bronchitis
- Back pain and whiplash
- Bleeding, cuts and stitches
- Broken bones, sprains and fractures
- Chest pain
- Common cold and cough
- Flu (influenza)
- Infections (ear, eye, urinary tract, skin)
- Stomach pain and abdominal distress (vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration)
- Strep throat and sore throat
Enhanced Safety Measures
- Entry Screening – Patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entry (either in advance by phone or at entryway). Please be aware if your symptoms meet the CDC guidelines for COVID-19 testing, you will be directed for testing at nearby sites outfitted for COVID testing.
- Express Check-in from Your Car – As possible, we’re reducing time in the waiting room, with new check-in procedures from your car and an escort straight to your exam room.
- Social Distancing – Team members and patients are following social distancing guidelines except as treatment needs dictate.
- Limited Visitors – Patient escorts or companions are restricted, unless medically necessary.
- Use of Facemasks – Everyone entering must wear a facemask.
- Clean Office Environment – Strict procedures are in place to routinely sanitize all high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant. Handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer gel is strictly enforced.