Volunteer positions at Chilton Medical Center are available in the main hospital, as well as our off-site locations, and include:
- Care center assistants
- – work closely with the nurses and staff on an assigned unit, visiting patients and assisting with non-clinical tasks
- Emergency department
- – assist patients and visitors by keeping supplies ready and directions handy
- Gift shop
- – work at the register or stock displays in our hospital's Gift Gallery
- Information desk associate
- – provide assistance, both in-person and over the phone, for callers and visitors to our hospital
- Pet therapy
- – provide pet therapy services to several areas of Chilton Medical Center; the owner must fulfill all volunteer requirements and the animal must be certified through Creature Comfort or Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs
Healing Arts Volunteer Opportunities
Chilton Medical Center's Healing Arts Program recruits local artists to display their work in our gallery, musicians to perform in our lobbies and waiting areas, and Reiki practitioners to help us provide a healing environment for our patients and visitors. If you are interested in playing music or teaching Reiki at our hospital, you must complete our volunteer onboarding process.
Healing Arts Gallery
Many of our patients, staff and visitors find comfort in the artwork that decorates our halls. If you have a collection of original artwork or photography that is positive, uplifting or soothing and would like to showcase it in our Healing Arts Gallery, please complete an application. All paintings and photographs must be “exhibition-ready” in accordance with our framing guidelines.
Chilton Medical Center Auxiliary
If you enjoy fundraising, spreading holiday cheer, crafting meal tray favors or making hand-made items for patients, becoming a member of the Chilton Medical Center Auxiliary may be right for you.