Volunteers are a vital part of Newton Medical Center, helping us enhance the patient experience and provide high-quality care. Our hospital is a professional and welcoming workplace and we treasure those who donate their time with us.
- Volunteers must be age 18 or over.
- Volunteers are asked to complete a minimum of four hours in one time slot per week for a period of six months to one year.
- Most new openings are weekdays 7:30am to 5:00pm.
Areas of Service
- Surgical Waiting Room – receptionist to assist patients and visitors
- Bee Hive Thrift Shop – owned and managed by the Auxiliary, the shop is operated by volunteers out of its building at 123 Spring Street in Newton, NJ.
Other Volunteer Assignments
Patient and Visitor Areas – Charles L. Tice Heart Center, courtesy vehicle, emergency room, information desk, occupational therapy, patient mail, physical therapy, patient representative, pacemaker clinic, pastoral care
Non-Patient Areas – business office, central supply, community benefits, health information, human resources, interoffice mail distribution, pharmacy, storeroom
How to Begin
- Complete the online Volunteer Application & Agreement, or contact the Volunteer Services Department at 973-579-8370 and ask for an application.
- Complete and return the application and agreement.
- Applicant will participate in an interview with the manager of the volunteer department.
- Attend a four-hour orientation and training session.
- Complete a tuberculosis test (provided by the hospital free of charge).