Volunteers are a vital part of Newton Medical Center, helping us enhance the patient experience and provide high-quality care. Our hospital is a professional and welcoming workplace and we treasure those who donate their time with us.
- Volunteers must be age 18 or over.
- Volunteers are asked to complete a minimum of four hours in one time slot per week for a period of six months to one year.
- Most new openings are weekdays 7:30am to 5:00pm.
Areas of Service
- Surgical Waiting Room – receptionist to assist patients and visitors
- Bee Hive Thrift Shop – owned and managed by the Auxiliary, the shop is operated by volunteers out of its building at 123 Spring Street in Newton, NJ.
Other Volunteer Assignments
Patient and Visitor Areas – Charles L. Tice Heart Center, courtesy vehicle, emergency room, information desk, occupational therapy, patient mail, physical therapy, patient representative, pacemaker clinic, pastoral care
Non-Patient Areas – business office, central supply, community benefits, health information, human resources, interoffice mail distribution, pharmacy, storeroom
How to Begin
- Complete the online Volunteer Application & Agreement, or contact the Volunteer Services Department at 973-579-8370 and ask for an application.*
- Complete and return the application and agreement.
- Applicant will participate in an interview with the manager of the volunteer department.
- Attend a four-hour orientation and training session.
- Complete a tuberculosis test (provided by the hospital free of charge).
Volunteer Program Full
Our adult and junior volunteer programs are at full capacity and currently closed. As such, we are not accepting any new applicants at this time. Please check back seasonally for updates.