A Letter from the Director
Sincere congratulations to as you pursue your path towards residency training. These are exciting times! The skills you have learned thus far provide you the stepping-stones to care for patients - we seek to provide you with a diverse environment of learning and support to further prepare you for a wonderful career in medicine.
What makes the Morristown Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency unique?
Morristown Medical Center has been named the top hospital in the state of New Jersey five years in a row with several nationally ranked medicine subspecialties and affiliated fellowship programs. It is the flagship hospital of the Atlantic Health Medical Center with frequent referrals from other hospital centers. We feel this is an ideal training site for an internal medicine residency program and our residents play a critical role in upholding the high standard of care that is provided.
The training program is built around the core values of excellent patient care, teamwork, evidence-based practice, diversity and inclusion. We serve a wonderfully diverse New Jersey community and seek to enhance our own community with trainees who represent many voices, racial and gender identities, and cultural backgrounds.
The small size of our program means we get to know each of our residents as individuals. We understand their goals and aspirations, we know their strengths, as well as the personal challenges they sometimes face. Our graduates’ success is the single most important measure of our own. The commitment we make to each of our trainees is to help them to achieve their very best. It is a job we love to do.
The key to a vibrant and successful educational environment is the residents themselves. We seek enthusiastic, inquisitive and well-rounded professionals who seek a sense of community and are committed to teamwork and caring. The personal and professional needs of residents continually evolve over time; our hands-on approach personalizes our trainees' medical education and ensures that the needs of each individual are a first priority.
Our dynamic training program features
- A 6+2 inpatient-outpatient curriculum with protected time for outpatient medicine
- An incredible diversity of cases and pathology which easily rivals a university program setting with floors dedicated to pulmonary, cardiac, and general medicine pathology
- Dedicated core teaching faculty and expert specialists who are committed to providing high quality resident education and patient care
- Magnet designated nursing care among the top 10% in the country with outstanding ancillary services, allowing trainees to feel supported in taking care of their patients
- A unique outpatient experience with a longitudinal primary care resident practice, an option to choose a second clinic site in an area of interest, and a home visit program
- A simulation laboratory equipped with SimMan and other mannequins to train residents in emergency management and procedural skills
- A longitudinal point of care ultrasound curriculum starting intern year as well as an elective for senior residents
- An online board review and testing platform available to all residents throughout their training, along with an excellent board pass rate
- 90% fellowship match rate last year achieved in part through an extensive mentorship program for residents interested in fellowship with direct support from program directors