Morristown Medical Center
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health of Atlantic Health System provides the finest comprehensive training for future practitioners. Our goal is to create a learning environment that fosters the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors of physicians who exhibit the highest levels of professional competence in women's health care.
We utilize traditional skills combined with the latest innovative techniques and knowledge to provide the highest quality of patient care. We are committed to resident education and the pursuit of scholarly activity and elective study to enable or residents to obtain their desired fellowships or private practice/academic practice and become consultants to their community.
We are dedicated to the principle of lifelong learning. We are dedicated to excellent patient care and physician well-being. The program aims to align itself with Atlantic Health's commitment to excellence for its patients by continuing to seek ways to improve patient safety and quality of care by making the communities in which we serve healthier for all.
The OB/GYN Residency Program maintains an academic affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. This affiliation not only benefits our faculty, but also our residents and medical students. Jefferson medical students do their core OB/GYN clerkships, as well as sub-internships and rotations in our Ambulatory Clinic, GYN Service and on Labor and Delivery. Residents have continuous opportunities to enhance their teaching skills as rotating students become an integral part of each care team.
- U.S. News & World Report’s Morristown Medical Center is Ranked #32 in Gynecology Nationally
- U.S. News & World Report’s Morristown Medical Center is Ranked #1 Hospital in NJ for the 3rd consecutive year
- High Gynecology Surgical Volume - Exceeds the ACGME case list requirements for ALL categories including: vaginal, laparoscopic, robotic and abdominal hysterectomies
- Regional Perinatal Referral Center
- All Subspecialties – GynOnc, MFM, FPMRS & FPMRS Fellowship, REI, REI Fellowship, MIGS, Family Planning, and Pediatrics & Adolescent Gynecology
- 24/7 in-house Hospitalists - operative vaginal deliveries, VBAC/TOLAC
- Bio-skills lab - Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) Training and Testing On-Site, Breaking Bad News (BBN) training
- Resident retreat and wellness curriculum
- Collaborative and collegial atmosphere
Graduates from the residency have continued their professional journey as fellows in some of the nation’s most prestigious academic institutions. Residents from the program are highly sought after to join private practices and are dedicated to their specialty.