Morristown Medical Center
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at Atlantic Health System provides the finest comprehensive training for future physicians. Our goal is to create a learning environment that fosters the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors of physicians who exhibit the highest levels of professional competence in obstetrics and gynecology.
We utilize traditional skills combined with the latest innovative techniques and knowledge to provide the highest quality of patient care. We are committed to resident education and the pursuit of scholarly activity and elective study to enable or residents to obtain their desired fellowships or private practice/academic practice and become consultants to their community.
We strive to be a leader in addressing healthcare disparities for the communities we serve. Our learning environment fosters a culture of continuous learning, and personal and professional growth with attention to well-being, diversity, equity, and inclusion. The program aims to align itself with Atlantic Health's commitment to excellence for its patients by continuing to seek ways to improve patient safety and quality of care. Our goal is to educate the next generation of physicians to be knowledgeable, skilled, ethical, and capable of meeting the challenges of a changing healthcare environment.
The OB/GYN Residency Program maintains an academic affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. This affiliation not only benefits our faculty, but also our residents and medical students. Jefferson medical students do their core OB/GYN clerkships, as well as sub-internships and rotations in our Ambulatory Clinic, GYN Service and on Labor and Delivery. Residents have continuous opportunities to enhance their teaching skills as rotating students from various medical schools become an integral part of each care team.
- Morristown Medical Center is Ranked #28 in Gynecology Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- Morristown Medical Center is Ranked #1 Hospital in NJ for the fifth consecutive year by U.S. News & World Report
- High Gynecology Surgical Volume - Exceeds the ACGME case list requirements for ALL categories including: vaginal, laparoscopic, robotic and abdominal hysterectomies
- Regional Perinatal Referral Center
- All Subspecialties – GynOnc, MFM, FPMRS & FPMRS Fellowship, REI, REI Fellowship, MIGS, Family Planning, and Pediatrics & Adolescent Gynecology
- 24/7 in-house Hospitalists - operative vaginal deliveries, VBAC/TOLAC
- Bio-skills lab - Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) Training and Testing On-Site, Breaking Bad News (BBN) training
- Resident retreat and wellness curriculum
- Collaborative and collegial atmosphere
Graduates from the residency have continued their professional journey as fellows in some of the nation’s most prestigious academic institutions. Residents from the program are highly sought after to join private practices and are dedicated to their specialty.