Atlantic Health System is proud to have a multi-year partnership agreement with the New York Jets. Not only are we the “Official Health Care Partner of the NY Jets,” we are also the naming partner of the team’s corporate headquarters and training facility – the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center – a state-of-the-art complex located in Florham Park, NJ.
In addition, Atlantic Health System is the title sponsor for the Jets Women’s Organization – a group that works with charities and is dedicated to volunteering in the tri-state community. This organization is comprised of the wives, fiancées and significant others of Jets players, coaches and select football support staff members.
Several of our Atlantic Sports Health program doctors are also New York Jets physicians.
11-Year-Old Cancer Survivor Receives Once-In-A-Lifetime Experience with New York Jets
When Ethan Geller of Mendham, NJ had a brain tumor removed and was diagnosed with medulla blastoma (brain cancer) at the age of 7, his parents stayed positive during this difficult journey.
“There is an inner toughness to him, this kid will survive anything,” said his mother, Lisa.
Thanks to the cancer team at Atlantic Health System’s Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Ethan is now a healthy 11-year-old boy who is cancer-free.
With his family by his side, the New York Jets and Atlantic Health System provided Ethan – a dedicated Jets fan – with a memorable on-field experience when the Jets took on the Dallas Cowboys in October. Ethan served as one of the honorary captains for the coin toss prior to kickoff and had the opportunity to meet not only QB Sam Darnold, but his favorite player and Jets Legend, Joe Namath.
“I mean this was above and beyond, magical, it really was a magical day,” said Ethan. “It meant everything to me.”
A Year After Heart Attack, New York Jets Fan Stands Heartbeats Away from Coin Toss Against New England Patriots
A little over a year later after Jay Ziegler suffered a massive heart attack, he found himself on the sidelines during pre-game warm ups when the New York Jets faced off against the New England Patriots on Monday Night football. As a lifelong Jets fan, Jay took this moment to not only revel in the fact he was serving as an honorary captain for the coin toss prior to kickoff, but to reflect on how far he’s come since his cardiac event.
“I was under the care of extraordinary people. I’m feeling as good now as I have ever felt; with the opportunity for a full and fruitful life,” said Jay. “Tonight is a celebration of what these people achieved for me – I’m very grateful.”
Jay’s life was saved by the coordinated expertise of countless professionals at Atlantic Health System’s Newton and Morristown medical centers. When Jay collapsed in the parking lot outside Newton Medical Center, Angie Saint-Joseph, a patient care technician, saw him and called the code to start the chain of survival.
“I am so thankful I was in a position to help save his life and today we’re celebrating it,” Saint-Joseph said.
Once he was stabilized, the team at Newton arranged for air transfer to Morristown Medical Center. By the time Jay landed on the helipad, the heart team was ready and waiting for him in the cardiac catherization lab while also preparing a cooling technique to cool his entire body and protect his brain.
Atlantic Health System's Morristown Medical Center – one of the top 30 programs in the country for Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery (U.S. News & World Report) – was the beneficiary of the Jets 50/50 Raffle presented by Florida Tech. The total jackpot brought in $65,266.00. $32,633.00 of the money raised went to support Heart Care at Morristown Medical Center.
Atlantic Health System and NY Jets Fight Pediatric Cancer as Part of the 'Crucial Catch: Intercept Cancer' Campaign
Fans Raise More than $50,000 for Atlantic Health System’s Goryeb Children’s Hospital
Five inspiring children who are undergoing or have completed treatment at Atlantic Health System's Goryeb Children's Hospital joined the New York Jets for their game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, October 13, 2019. Ellie, Ben, Will, Arion and Ethan enjoyed time on the sidelines during pre-game warm ups and had the opportunity to talk to QB Sam Darnold and OL Kelechi Osemele before heading out onto the field to serve as honorary captains for the coin toss prior to kickoff.
Atlantic Health System's Goryeb Children's Hospital was the beneficiary of the Jets 50/50 Raffle presented by Florida Tech, and fans made the most of the opportunity to try their luck and support Goryeb Children’s Hospital, bringing in $104,000, a new record of funds raised during a Jets game. $52,458.00 of the money raised went to support Goryeb Children's Hospital.
Win New York Jets Tickets
Jets fans, here’s your chance to see Gang Green take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in a late-season matchup as they make the push for the playoffs. Complete the form below and you’ll be eligible to win two tickets and a parking pass to the game on December 22, 2019 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00pm (time subject to change).
Entries will be accepted online starting September 8, 2019 at 8:00am EST and ending November 26, 2019 12:00am EST. The winner will be notified by December 3, 2019. Please review the full rules below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: THIS CAMPAIGN IS OPEN ONLY TO THOSE WHO SIGN UP AT THE ATLANTICHEALTH.ORG/NYJETS AND WHO ARE [18 YEARS OF AGE] AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. THE CAMPAIGN IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF [THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA], AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THE CAMPAIGN IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. AGREEMENT TO RULES: BY PARTICIPATING, THE CONTESTANT (“YOU”) AGREE TO BE FULLY UNCONDITIONALLY BOUND BY THESE RULES, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT THE DECISIONS OF [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] AS FINAL AND BINDING AS IT RELATES TO THE CONTENT OF THIS CAMPAIGN.
3. CAMPAIGN PERIOD: ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE STARTING ON [SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 AT 8:00 AM, EST ] AND ENDING [NOVEMBER 26, 2019 12:00 AM, AND EST]. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY [NOVEMBER 26, 12:00 AM, AND EST].
4. HOW TO ENTER: THE CAMPAIGN MUST BE ENTERED BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY USING THE ONLINE FORM PROVIDED AT [ATLANTICHEALTH.ORG/NYJETS]. THE ENTRY MUST FULFILL ALL CAMPAIGN REQUIREMENTS, AS SPECIFIED, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. ENTRIES THAT ARE INCOMPLETE OR DO NOT ADHERE TO THE RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS MAY BE DISQUALIFIED AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]. YOU MAY ENTER ONLY ONCE. YOU MUST PROVIDE THE INFORMATION REQUESTED. YOU MAY NOT ENTER MORE TIMES THAN INDICATED BY USING MULTIPLE EMAIL ADDRESSES, IDENTITIES, OR DEVICES IN AN ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT THE RULES. IF YOU USE FRAUDULENT METHODS OR OTHERWISE ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT THE RULES, YOUR SUBMISSION MAY BE REMOVED FROM ELIGIBILITY AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM].
5. PRIZES: THE WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN (THE “WINNER”) WILL RECEIVE [TWO JETS TICKETS AND ONE ACCOMPANYING PARKING PASSES FOR THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAME AT METLIFE STADIUM ON DECEMBER 22, 2019. TRANSPORTATION WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
THE PRIZES ARE VALUED AT $270.00 PER TICKET AND $50 FOR EACH PARKING PASS, FOR A TOTAL PRIZE PACKAGE WORTH $590.00. AHS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAXES IMPOSED UPON THE WINNER. PER IRS GUIDELINES, PRIZES WILL BE TAXABLE TO THE WINNER AND THE RECIPIENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES.].
ACTUAL/APPRAISED VALUE MAY DIFFER AT TIME OF PRIZE AWARD. THE SPECIFICS OF THE PRIZE SHALL BE SOLELY DETERMINED BY [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]. NO CASH OR OTHER PRIZE SUBSTITUTION SHALL BE PERMITTED EXCEPT AT [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM’S] DISCRETION. THE PRIZE IS NONTRANSFERABLE. ANY AND ALL PRIZE-RELATED EXPENSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND/OR LOCAL TAXES, SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZE OR TRANSFER/ASSIGNMENT OF PRIZE TO OTHERS OR REQUEST FOR THE CASH EQUIVALENT BY WINNER IS PERMITTED. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE CONSTITUTES PERMISSION FOR [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] TO USE WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS, AND ENTRY FOR PURPOSES OF ADVERTISING AND TRADE WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NEW YORK JETS ARE NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
RELEASE. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT, FINALIST AND WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE RELEASED PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OWNERS AND AGENCIES OF EACH FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITY AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY OF THEM, INCURRED, SUSTAINED, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, ANY TRAVEL ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, OR FROM THE RESPECTIVE ENTRANTS’, FINALISTS’ OR WINNERS’ BREACH OF ANY AGREEMENT OR WARRANTY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST ATTEMPT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, ITS MEMBER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUBS, NFL VENTURES, INC., NFL VENTURES, L.P., NFL PROPERTIES LLC, NFL ENTERPRISES LLC AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “NFL ENTITIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THE NFL ENTITIES HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THIS PROMOTION IN ANY WAY.
6. ODDS: THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: WINNER WILL BE SELECTED BY [A RANDOM DRAWING] UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]. WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY [EMAIL] WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS FOLLOWING SELECTION OF WINNER. [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR WINNER’S FAILURE TO RECEIVE NOTICES DUE TO SPAM, JUNK E-MAIL OR OTHER SECURITY SETTINGS OR FOR WINNER’S PROVISION OF INCORRECT OR OTHERWISE NON-FUNCTIONING CONTACT INFORMATION. IF WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED, IS INELIGIBLE, FAILS TO CLAIM THE PRIZE WITHIN [7 DAYS] FROM THE TIME AWARD NOTIFICATION WAS SENT, OR FAILS TO TIMELY RETURN A COMPLETED AND EXECUTED DECLARATION AND RELEASE AS REQUIRED, THE PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED AND AN ALTERNATE WINNER SELECTED. RECEIPT BY WINNER OF THE PRIZE OFFERED IN THIS CAMPAIGN IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE WITH ANY AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: BY ENTERING THIS CONTENT (E.G., PHOTO, VIDEO, TEXT, ETC.), YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM], ANYONE ACTING ON BEHALF OF [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM], AND [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]’S LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT, WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, DISTRIBUTE, AND USE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, IN PERPETUITY AND THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, IMAGE, STATEMENTS ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR NEWS, PUBLICITY, INFORMATION, TRADE, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER COMPENSATION, NOTICE, REVIEW, OR CONSENT AND ANY SUCH MATERIAL PROVIDED BY YOU SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION AS DEFINED BY THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT (HIPAA)”
9. TERMS & CONDITIONS: [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE CAMPAIGN SHOULD VIRUS, BUG, NON-AUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION, FRAUD, OR OTHER CAUSE BEYOND [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]’S CONTROL CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THE CAMPAIGN. IN SUCH CASE, [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] MAY SELECT THE WINNER FROM ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO AND/OR AFTER (IF APPROPRIATE) THE ACTION TAKEN BY [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM]. [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO TAMPERS OR ATTEMPTS TO TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE OPERATION OF THE CAMPAIGN OR WEBSITE OR VIOLATES THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS. [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] HAS THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO MAINTAIN THE INTEGRITY OF THE CAMPAIGN, TO VOID VOTES FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: MULTIPLE ENTRIES FROM THE SAME USER FROM DIFFERENT IP ADDRESSES; MULTIPLE ENTRIES FROM THE SAME COMPUTER IN EXCESS OF THAT ALLOWED BY CAMPAIGN RULES; OR THE USE OF BOTS, MACROS, SCRIPTS, OR OTHER TECHNICAL MEANS FOR ENTERING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CAMPAIGN MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, TRUSTEES AND DIRECTORS FROM ANY LIABILITY, ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, LITIGATION, CLAIM, OR DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR NOT, FROM: (I) SUCH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CAMPAIGN AND/OR HIS/HER ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; (II) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE MALFUNCTION OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT; (III) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS, TELEPHONE, OR INTERNET SERVICE; (IV) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (V) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES.
11. DISPUTES: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF [UNITED STATES AMERICA] AND [NEW JERSEY], WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CAMPAIGN, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CAMPAIGN, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, EXCLUSIVELY BEFORE A COURT LOCATED IN [NEW JERSEY] HAVING JURISDICTION. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES, OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (I.E. COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CAMPAIGN). PARTICIPANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
13. WINNER LIST: TO OBTAIN A COPY OF THE WINNER’S NAME OR A COPY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, MAIL YOUR REQUEST ALONG WITH A STAMPED, SELF-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE TO: [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] [475 SOUTH STREET] [MORRISTOWN] [NJ]  [USA]. REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN [DECEMBER 15, 2019].
14. SPONSOR: THE SPONSOR OF THE CAMPAIGN IS [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] [475 SOUTH STREET] [MORRISTOWN] [NJ]  [USA].
15. FACEBOOK: IF YOU USE FACEBOOK TO COMMUNICATE OR ADMINISTER A CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: THE CAMPAIGN HOSTED BY [ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM] IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
By entering this random drawing, you agree to receive marketing communications from Atlantic Health System.
NY Jets Partner with Goryeb Children's Hospital for the 2018 NFL Draft
Sam Darnold, the New York Jets' first round draft pick, certainly didn't waste a moment in giving back to his new community. On the Saturday following the draft, he made his “first big play" with the team, joining former Jets fullback Tony Richardson for a special draft party at Goryeb Children's Hospital. Darnold spent more than an hour visiting with the children and their families, signing autographs, taking pictures and making some very special memories with parents and team members.
Meanwhile, in New York City, Dr. Walter Rosenfeld, Dr. Steven Halpern and three additional patients and their families helped Jets Legend Marty Lyons announce the team's fourth round pick at the Intrepid.