Consumers nationwide are increasingly concerned with preserving our natural resources and so is Atlantic Health System. Our goal is to pursue recycling and energy saving policies to the fullest extent whenever possible - from grassroots employee efforts to large-scale construction projects, we are doing our best to treat our environment with respect:
- Atlantic Health System is a registered member of the New Jersey Sustainable Business Registry
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Morristown Medical Center is certified as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) building by the US Green Building Council for using materials and finishes with more natural or recycled fibers and more energy-efficient ventilation systems.
- Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown Medical Center is certified by the Green Guide for Healthcare.
- Our Go Green team, comprised of Atlantic Health System employees, initiates and reports on eco-friendly projects throughout our health care system.
- Atlantic Health System provides carpooling services and incentives to our employees.
- Atlantic Health System's environmental services departments use Green Seal-certified cleaning products, wherever possible.
- Atlantic Health System offers a free, monthly paperless publication called Well Aware Health-eNews for each of its hospitals.
- In 2018, Practice Greenhealth presented Overlook Medical Center with the Top 25 Enviornmental Excellence Award and the Greening the OR Recognition Award.