The Children’s Heart Center recommends the following steps to prepare your child for a stress test:
- Have your child wear sneakers and loose comfortable clothes, such as shorts or sweats.
- Ensure your child adheres to our recommendations regarding food and drinks. He or she must not eat anything within two hours of the test and must not drink anything other than water or clear liquids within one hour of the test.
- Additional guidelines: For tests scheduled early in the morning, your child may have a light breakfast.For tests scheduled in the early afternoon, your child may have a full breakfast and a light snack for lunch.For tests scheduled in the late afternoon, your child may have a full breakfast and full lunch.
- Bring a snack with a drink for your child to have after the test is completed.
- Bring your stress test prescription, which is required for registration.
- Park in the JCP&L parking garage and arrive on time to Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute, Level C at Morristown Medical Center.
- Prior to the test, contact your insurance company to verify coverage.
As part of Atlantic Health System Children’s Health, physician services are provided through Atlantic Medical Group and are on staff at Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
Newton Medical Center
Newton Medical Center, (cardiac catheterization laboratory holding area)
175 High Street, 1st Floor
Newton, NJ 07860
- First Tuesday of every month, 11:00am to 3:00pm
- Newton Medical Center, (cardiac catheterization laboratory holding area)
Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building - Summit
55 Madison Avenue - Morristown
194 Route 31 North - Flemington