Morristown Medical Center
Atlantic Health System has earned numerous awards, accolades, and accreditations for its cardiovascular services, including:
- Ranked a top hospital nationwide for cardiology, heart & vascular surgery by U.S. News & World Report (Morristown Medical Center)
- Named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery by Healthgrades (Morristown Medical Center)
- Recipient of the American College of Cardiology's ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award for improvement in the treatment of heart attack patients (Morristown and Overlook medical centers)
- Performs more open-heart surgeries every year than any other cardiovascular surgery program in NJ, with consistently superior outcomes according to The Cardiac Surgery Consumer Report, compiled by the New Jersey Department of Health (Morristown Medical Center)
- Received full accreditation for the R. Gregory Sachs Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, an international organization that establishes standards for cardiac medicine (Overlook Medical Center)
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Morristown Medical Center)
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses gave its highest gold level Beacon Award for Excellence to the ICU and the Cardiac Access Unit. (Morristown Medical Center)
- Gold Seal of Approval™ Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission for our ventricular assist device (VAD) program (Morristown Medical Center)
- Cardiac surgery program received a three-star rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, a rating achieved by just 10 percent of all cardiac surgery programs nationwide (Morristown Medical Center)
- Received the highest three-star rating in coronary artery bypass surgery from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. This highest category of quality is achieved by only about 20 percent of hospitals nationwide. (Morristown Medical Center)
- The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program received accreditation by The Joint Commission; Certification: American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) (Newton and Chilton medical centers)
- Received accreditation in adult transthoracic, adult transesophageal and adult stress echocardiography: Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) (Newton Medical Center)
- Recognized as a High Performing Hospital for abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery and transcatheter valve replacement by U.S. News & World Report (Morristown Medical Center)
- Recognized as a High Performing Hospital for heart attack and heart failure by U.S. News & World Report (Morristown and Overlook medical centers)
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.