Bringing Quality Care Home
With more than 80 years of experience, Atlantic Home Care provides high-quality visiting nurse and rehabilitation services in the comfort of your own home. This is beneficial if you're looking to prevent or postpone hospitalization or need help recovering after a hospital stay. Our team of visiting nurses and rehabilitation experts will collaborate with you and your physician to develop an individualized plan of care to meet your unique health care needs. We’re certified by The Joint Commission and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Visiting Nurse Services
Atlantic Home Care’s visiting nurse services are available to residents of Morris, Union, Essex, Sussex, Somerset and Warren counties in New Jersey.
- Disease Management
- – Clinical nurse specialists coordinate care and provide education about heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), stroke, diabetes, cancer and other conditions.
- Home Health Aide Care
- – A certified professional assists with bathing, meal preparation and other aspects of personal care.
- Infusion Therapy
- – Intravenous-certified nurses address nutritional needs and treat infections and other conditions with IV medication.
- Nutritional Counseling
- – Registered dietitians teach proper nutrition and meal planning.
- Physical Rehabilitation
- – Skilled professionals provide physical therapy and occupational therapy to help manage an orthopedic condition or recovery after total joint replacement surgery.
- Skilled Nursing Care
- – A registered nurse regularly visits the home, attends to medical and emotional needs, and coordinates care provided by other health professionals.
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- – We optimize recovery after a stroke with physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- – A simple-to-use health monitor collects weight, blood pressure and oxygen levels daily and transmits that data to one of our nurses to review. If you have heart disease or a respiratory condition, tele-health can help avoid unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Therapeutic Counseling and Community Resource Referrals
- – Social workers provide assessments and counseling, as well as referrals to community resources that help with the financial and emotional aspects of illness.
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Care
- – Clinical nurse specialists care for surgical or pressure wounds and provide instruction on ostomy pouches.
Atlantic Home Care participates in Medicare and Medicaid, as well as most commercial insurances. Our home care liaisons at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center, Atlantic Rehabilitation and numerous other health care facilities throughout our service area will call your doctor, verify your insurance and coordinate all the services you need. People in out-of-area hospitals can also access our home care services.