Bringing Quality Care Home
With more than 80 years of experience, Atlantic Home Care provides high-quality visiting nurse and rehabilitation services in the comfort of your own home. If you and your physician feel that you would benefit from home care – whether to prevent or postpone a hospitalization, or to help with recovery after a hospital stay – our team of visiting nurses and rehabilitation experts can develop an individualized plan of care to meet your needs. We’re certified by The Joint Commission, licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and have a four-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Visiting Nurse Services
Atlantic Home Care’s visiting nurse services are available to residents of Morris, Union, Essex, Sussex, Somerset and Warren counties in New Jersey.
- Disease management
- – Clinical nurse specialists educate patients and help them manage heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), stroke, diabetes, cancer and other conditions from their home.
- Comprehensive physical rehabilitation
- – Our specialized rehabilitation nurses coordinate care with a multidisciplinary team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists to optimize patient recovery following a stroke, joint replacement, fracture or other injury.
- Wound, ostomy and continence care
- – Clinical nurse specialists provide expert guidance and treatment for patients who have wounds or ostomies, or are at risk for skin breakdown.
- Infusion therapy
- – Intravenous-certified nurses address nutritional needs and treat infections and other conditions with IV medication. This service is available to Medicare and Medicaid patients only.
- Nutritional counseling
- – Registered dietitians teach proper nutrition and meal planning.
- Therapeutic counseling and community resource referrals
- – Social workers provide assessments and counseling, as well as referrals to community resources that help with the financial and emotional aspects of illness.
- – A simple-to-use health monitor collects weight, blood pressure and oxygen levels daily and transmits that data to one of our nurses to review. If you have heart disease or a respiratory condition, tele-health can help avoid unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Supportive care
- – Atlantic Home Care provides palliative care and comfort measures for patients who have an advanced illness, but are not yet ready for hospice. Those receiving supportive care can still continue active disease treatment and other therapies. When and if a patient decides that they want hospice, the transition of care to Atlantic Hospice is seamless.
Atlantic Home Care participates in Medicare and Medicaid, as well as most commercial insurances. If your physician certifies that you need home care, your Medicare A benefits will cover it 100% for the length of time deemed necessary. Our home care liaisons at Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center, Atlantic Rehabilitation and numerous other health care facilities throughout our service area will call your doctor, verify your insurance and coordinate all the services you need. People in out-of-area hospitals can also access our home care services.