Applications for the 2022-2023 residency will be accepted starting January 15, 2022. To apply, you will need:”
- Baccalaureate or master's degree from a CAATE accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4-point scale (preferred)
- Three letters of recommendation required; one must be from a Certified Athletic Trainer, and two additional can be from other professional sources.
- Cover letter including a discussion of your desire to work in the physician practice setting
- Resume/CV (emphasis on athletic training experiences)
- BOC certified or eligible
- Possession of Athletic Training Licensure (or eligible) in the State of New Jersey
- CPR/AED certification for health care professionals
Qualified students are admitted without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, natural origin, sexual orientation, ancestry or gender.
Interested applicants may apply during their last academic semester, prior to graduation. Acceptance will be contingent of the passing the BOC and the review all other required criteria.
Please submit all application materials to:
David Wright MS, LAT, ATC
Coordinator of Clinical Education, Athletic Training Residency Program
Please call 973-971-4453 if you have trouble submitting any documents via email.
Atlantic Health Systems is currently seeking accreditation for their new Athletic Training program and is not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Atlantic Health Systems will be submitting a self-study to begin the accreditation process on July 1, 2022.