Integrative medicine therapies empower cancer patients to take an active role in their healing and improve the quality of their lives. Meditation, stress reduction, guided imagery, yoga, Jin Shin Jyutsu, reflexology, Reiki, acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy and therapeutic touch are just a few of the approaches utilized at Atlantic Health System Cancer Care to help relax the minds and bodies of our patients during and after treatment.
Many of these techniques are also taught during other educational classes, such as the eight-week I Cancer-Vive program. For a monthly list of integrative medicine programs and schedules, please see our class calendars >
Patients can also rely on Atlantic Health System Integrative Medicine, which offers individual assessment sessions by holistic medical staff, one-on-one treatments by highly-qualified practitioners, and classes and courses that enable participants to better access their own healing potential.
The following programs are for those patients actively being treated at Carol G. Simon Cancer Center and their caregivers. Appointments are scheduled in our resource room. For more information, please call 973-971-6514.
- Healing Touch Experience
- – Learn how to restore and balance your energy. IGM Therapeutic Acupressure – Discover how to harmonize your body’s natural healing system.
- IGM Therapeutic Acupressure
- – Discover how to harmonize your body’s natural healing system.
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- – Learn tools and techniques to help support your own ability to heal.
- – This ancient art of hands-on healing may help you feel relaxed and renewed.
The following programs are for any cancer patient in the community and their caregivers. Unless otherwise noted, for location, a schedule, fees or to register, please call 973-971-6514.
- Gentle Yoga
- – Designed for cancer patients and survivors, this class includes mild exercise, stretching and breathing to promote awareness, spirituality and calmness. A brief meditation period is included at each class. Registration is not required.
- I Cancer-Vive
- – This eight-week, intensive program teaches patients and caregivers integrative medicine techniques that promote emotional and spiritual healing and wellness.
- Individual Acupuncture
- – This ancient technique is designed to balance your body’s energy flow and may help with treatment-related side effects. For fees, location, a schedule and to register, please call 973-971-6301.
- Learn to Meditate
- – During this ten-week class, you’ll learn different meditation techniques to help the healing process. Registration is not required.
- – This healing technique can help reduce stress and anxiety. For fees, location, a schedule and to register, please call 973-971-6301.
- – Learn ways to relax your mind and body. Registration is not required.
- Successful Surgery With Guided Imagery
- – Decrease pre-surgery feelings of anxiety and fear by learning about guided imagery techniques.
- Therapeutic Touch
- – A contemporary adaptation of several ancient healing techniques, this class is designed to balance your body's energy. For a location, schedule and to register, please call 973-971-4063.
- Writing as a Way of Healing
- – Participants will perform guided writing exercises in a supportive environment.
Unless otherwise noted, for a schedule, location and to register for the below programs, please call 908-522-6168.
- Drop In Mindfulness Meditation
- – A one-hour, guided mindful movement and meditation class.
- Gentle Yoga
- – Designed for cancer patients and survivors. Includes mild exercise, stretching and breathing to promote awareness, spirituality and calmness. A brief meditation period is included at each class.
- Mindfulness Tools for Cancer Patients
- – Instruction in mindfulness techniques to manage stress.
- Oncology Massage
- – Improves circulation, reduces stress and anxiety, and relieves pain (for patients of Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Medical Center only).
- Qi Gong for Healing
- – Gentle movement, self-massage and meditation will activate the self-healing capability of the body, mind and spirit.
- Reiki Therapy
- – Japanese energy healing technique that uses laying-on of hands to balance and restore energy within patients (for patients of Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Medical Center only).
- Therapeutic Touch
- – Contemporary adaptation of several ancient healing techniques; designed to balance one’s energy (for patients of Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Medical Center only).
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center
The Collins Pavilion
97 West Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- The Collins Pavilion
Atlantic Rehabilitation's certified therapists can help manage lymphedema, a type of swelling that sometimes results from cancer treatment or surgery.