The Child Development and Autism Center offers a support group where parents of children with autism can learn best practices in autism treatment.
While You are Waiting for a Neurodevelopmental Evaluation
For every child under age 3 years with developmental or behavioral concerns, we suggest you call Early Intervention System for a free evaluation in your home. In New Jersey please call 1-888-653-4463.
- If you have concerns about speech or language skills, you can ask your pediatrician for a direct referral to speech therapy. For Atlantic Health System services, please call 973-971-4452.
- If you have concerns about fine motor skills or sensory issues, you can ask your pediatrician for a direct referral to occupational therapy. For Atlantic Health System services, please call 973-971-4452.
- If your child does not seem to respond to their name or follow directions you may ask your pediatrician for a referral for a hearing test (audiology). For Atlantic Health System services, please call 973-971-4457.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control for more information about tracking milestones and stimulating development in children >
- If your child is age 3 years or older, you may have them evaluated for special education services through your local school district. Contact the Child Study Team of your local school district. You do not need a diagnosis to be eligible.
- If your child is having significant behavioral problems, The NJ Children's System of Care may be available to your family. Parents may call 1-877-652-7624 to see if your child qualifies for any in home behavioral therapy through the state.
- For children who have anxiety or behavioral problems you may wish to access a therapist through your insurance. You should check your insurance card for the number to call for mental health services to gain information on referrals in your plan.
Parent Support Group for Autism Spectrum Disorder
Parents can receive emotional support and learn how to cope with the challenges of raising a child with autism. The group is professionally led by a licensed psychotherapist.
Child Development and Autism Center
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine, Suite 250
435 South Street, Morristown, NJ
For more information and to register, please call 973-971-8906.
As part of Atlantic Health System Children’s Health, physician services are provided through Atlantic Medical Group and are on staff at Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
Request More Information
At Atlantic Health System, we continue to treat as many children as possible. To help manage the incredibly high demand for developmental services across our region, we ask parents to complete this form. While we cannot commit to a specific timeline, we will contact you as soon as we have the availability to schedule your child for a visit.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.