Patients recovering from stroke, neuromuscular disease, traumatic brain injury or vocal cord impairments can turn to Atlantic Rehabilitation for expert speech therapy. Our licensed speech-language pathologists hold certificates of clinical competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and specialize in care for both adults and children.
Speech Therapy Services
- Cognitive communication therapy
- Aphasia or language therapy
- Augmentative communication devices
- Tracheostomy weaning and speaking valves
- Swallow evaluation and treatment, including:
- Fiber endoscopic examination (FEES)
- VitalStim® therapy, or electrical stimulation
- Post-laryngectomy communication options
- Aural rehabilitation for those with cochlear implants
- Central auditory processing disorder (CAPD) treatment
Speech Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease Patients
Newton Medical Center is a provider of SPEAK OUT!® and The LOUD Crowd® – a two-part speech therapy program developed by the Parkinson Voice Project specifically for patients with Parkinson’s disease. The first phase of treatment, SPEAK OUT!®, helps strengthen the muscles used for speech and swallowing and teaches how to speak with intent. Patients meet individually with a speech-language pathologist as they work through various speech, voice and cognitive exercises. The second phase of treatment, The LOUD Crowd®, uses group therapy to maintain the techniques learned during SPEAK OUT!®.
Parkinson's disease patients may also benefit from Lee Silverman Voice Treatment®. Learn more about how LSVT can improve speech and the ability to be heard >
Pediatric Speech Therapy
Articulation and language disorders may be caused by developmental disorders, various syndromes, decreased range of motion and strength of oral structures, deficits in motor programming and poor attention or focus. At Atlantic Rehabilitation, we work with pediatric patients to improve their attention span and focus, speech clarity, oral motor skills, vocabulary and syntax or grammar.
Chilton Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center
651 Willow Grove Street
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
- Online appointments are available for physical therapy services.
- Request an Appointment Now
- 651 Willow Grove Street
Newton Medical Center
Atlantic Health Pavilion – Pompton Plains
Atlantic Rehabilitation – Morristown
New Providence Campus
Head and Neck Cancer Therapy
Atlantic Rehabilitation helps head and neck cancer patients overcome speech, swallowing and jaw mobility issues caused by their cancer or the methods used to treat it.