Patients recovering from stroke, neuromuscular disease, traumatic brain injury or vocal cord impairments can turn to Atlantic Rehabilitation for their speech-language pathology needs. Our program provides children and adults with a wide variety of diagnostic and treatment services including:
- Cognitive communication therapy
- Aphasia or language therapy
- Augmentative communication devices
- Tracheostomy weaning and speaking valves
- Swallow evaluation and treatment, including:
- Fiber endoscopic examination (FEES)
- VitalStim® therapy, or electrical stimulation
- Post-laryngectomy communication options
- Aural rehabilitation for those with cochlear implants
- Central auditory processing disorder (CAPD) treatment
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT®)
Our speech-language pathologists are licensed and hold certificates of clinical competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). They are also certified in LSVT LOUD – the gold standard in treating speech disorders caused by Parkinson’s disease.
Pediatric Speech Therapy
Articulation and language disorders may be caused by developmental disorders, various syndromes, decreased range of motion and strength of oral structures, deficits in motor programming and poor attention or focus. At Atlantic Rehabilitation, we work with pediatric patients to improve their attention span and focus, speech clarity, oral motor skills, vocabulary and syntax or grammar.