The Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Atlantic Health System Children's Health takes a patient- and family-centered approach to the evaluation and treatment of both common and uncommon pediatric gastrointestinal and digestive disorders. Our full array of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures includes:
Our nurse practitioner and nurse educators are available during your child’s initial visit and any follow-up appointments to answer all of your questions and concerns. Together with your child's gastroenterologists, our professional staff will map out a plan of care for your child.
The Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition also provides multidisciplinary services for children and adolescents with celiac disease and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and infants who have difficulty feeding. An integrative medicine program is available, as well.
- Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center – As an internationally known center of excellence and the largest of its kind in New Jersey for the treatment of pediatric IBD, we care for more than 700 patients and are dedicated to continuously improving outcomes through quality clinical care, research, education and support.
- Celiac Disease Center – Working with a highly skilled dietitian, our gastroenterologists provide regularly scheduled support meetings and the most ideal treatment plan for our more than 500 patients and their families.
- Feeding program – Our team of gastroenterologists and feeding therapists treat infants discharged from the neonatal intensive care unit with feeding difficulties.
- Gastrointestinal Integrated and Functional Therapy (GIFT) Program – Offered in conjunction with Atlantic Behavioral Health and Atlantic Health System Integrative Medicine, our program provides holistic gastrointestinal care, focusing on the patient’s mind, body and spirit.
- Pediatric Liver Program – We provide multidisciplinary care to improve the lives of children and adolescents with liver disorders, such as biliary atresia, metabolic liver disorders, liver failure, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, autoimmune liver disease and viral hepatitis.
Physician services are provided through Atlantic Medical Group and are on staff at Goryeb Children’s Hospital.