Pulmonary fibrosis is classified as a scarring or stiffening of the lungs due to unknown causes or response to an injury or inhaled substance. Symptoms include a dry cough, chest pain, shortness of breath and fatigue.
Patients who may have this condition can turn to Atlantic Respiratory Institute for expert diagnosis and treatment to alleviate symptoms and slow disease progression.
Diagnostic Tests for Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary function testing, or spirometry
- Arterial blood gas testing
- Six-minute walk tests or cardio-pulmonary stress test
- Comprehensive physical examinations
- Chest X-ray and computed tomography (CT) scan
- Lung biopsy
Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment
Our pulmonary specialists will often prescribe medications, such as corticosteroids, as well as oxygen therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation to treat pulmonary fibrosis.
Chilton Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center
Morristown Medical Center
Newton Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Atlantic Respiratory Institute
Pulmonary Function Testing