The School of Cardiovascular Technology’s second semester specialty tracks include:
Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
- Advanced Invasive Cardiology – Cardiac Catheterization:
- This course expands upon the concepts introduced in Introduction to Invasive Cardiology, including right and left heart catheterization and angiography, angioplasty, atherectomy, stents, intraaortic balloon pumping, AICDs (automatic implanted cardioverter defibrillation), cardiac biopsies and intracardiac shunts.
- Advanced Non-Invasive Echocardiography – Adult:
- This course expands upon the concepts first presented in Introduction to Non-Invasive Cardiology, including principles of echocardiography and stress testing, hemodynamic calculations, transesophageal and stress echocardiography, and principles of pediatric and fetal echocardiography.
- Cardiac Embryology:
- This course is designed to provide the student with an understanding of the normal cardiac formation, fetal circulation and postpartum circulation. Congenital abnormalities including abnormalities of separation, valvular formation and vasculature will be discussed.
Peripheral Vascular Technology
- Advanced Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Studies:
- This course expands upon the concepts and theory presented in Introduction to Non-Invasive Peripheral Vascular Studies, including hemodynamic calculations, abdominal/visceral vascular studies, transcranial Doppler examination and penile Doppler blood flow studies.