The School of Cardiovascular Technology’s third semester classes include:
- Medical Ethics:
- The purpose of this course is to prepare students for situations they will face during their professional careers. Course work includes terms and concepts of ethics and historical ethical theories and models. Students will also learn about the ethical decision-making process using case studies.
- Non-Invasive Case Studies and Digital/Video Critique:
- This course provides the student with an opportunity to fully develop interpretative skills in non-invasive medical areas. Cases will be reviewed weekly with an emphasis on the sonographer's thought processes and responsibilities. The students’ own cases will be reviewed and critiqued for diagnostic and image quality.
- Professional Development:
- This course exposes the senior student to the professional leadership role of the cardiovascular technologist. Course work includes conflict resolution, communication in the workplace, working towards win-win relationships, working with diversity and time management.