Atlantic Health System is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a member of AllSpire Health Partners – an alliance of seven hospital systems that addresses quality, population health management, best practices and medical research in the Northeast region. We also have a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
Atlantic Health System’s hospitals, programs and services have received prestigious recognition and certifications, including:
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown Medical Center Ranked Number One Hospital in New Jersey for the Third Year in a Row by U.S. News & World Report
Atlantic Health System's Morristown Medical Center was the only acute care hospital in New Jersey to be nationally ranked, and among the best 50 hospitals in the nation for orthopedics, gynecology, and cardiology & heart surgery. Overlook Medical Center was once again recognized as a Best Hospital in New Jersey and in the New York Metro area. Read More >
Atlantic Health System is leading the way in delivering innovative, high-quality health care in an award-winning workplace that cares for patients and caregivers alike. For the 12th consecutive year, Atlantic Health System was once again named to Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®,” ranking number #89 on the prestigious list. Read More >
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers are New Jersey’s only hospitals to be named among America’s 50 Best by Healthgrades in 2020
Atlantic Health System, a nationally-recognized provider of health care, is the only system in New Jersey with hospitals – Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center – achieving the 2020 America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™. Learn More >
Extraordinary People, Extraordinary Workplace
- “100 Best Companies to Work For®”: Fortune Magazine
- Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity: 2019
- 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018: Becker's Healthcare
- Atlantic Accountable Care Organization (ACO) - "100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know:" Becker's Hospital Review
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare: Modern Healthcare
- Best Workplaces in New York – Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- Gold-Level "Well Workplace": Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- One of the 20 Best Workplaces in Health Care: Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
Partnerships and Award-Winning Programs
- Atlantic Health System’s Stroke Centers - Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers: The Joint Commission
- Atlantic Visiting Nurse - Accreditation: The Joint Commission
- Bronze Award – March for Babies: March of Dimes
- Ernest Amory Codman Award Finalist: The Joint Commission
- Healthcare's Most Wired 2019: CHIME
- Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets
- Official Health Partner of Cybex and the Cybex Research Institute
- Security 500: Security magazine
- Super User Award: University HealthSystem Consortium
- Surgery, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Residency Programs Accreditation: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Top Doctors: New Jersey Monthly
Awards and Designations for Our Medical Centers
Morristown Medical Center
US News & World Report ranked Morristown Medical Center nationally for cardiology and heart surgery, orthopedics and gynecology as well as recognized the hospital as high performing in 15 types of care. Healthgrades also named it one one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2020.
Overlook Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center achieved the 2020 America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™ by Healthgrades and was named a Best Regional Hospital by US News & World Report, high performing in three types of care - colon cancer surgery, COPD and heart failure.
Chilton Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center and was named a high performing hospital in COPD and heart failure by US News & World Report.
Newton Medical Center
Newton Medical Center is in the top 10 percent in the nation for the treatment of stroke, receiving five star ratings for the treatment of heart failure, respiratory failure and sepsis by Healthgrades. The hospital was also recognized as high performing for COPD by US News & World Report.
Hackettstown Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center has the American College of Radiology Accreditation for C/T Services, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, PET and Ultrasound and has the Joint Commission's Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
Recognition by Type of Care
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
Get updates on the latest health and wellness articles, events and services offered by Atlantic Health System.
This form is for North American residents only.