Atlantic Health System is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a member of AllSpire Health Partners – an alliance of seven hospital systems that addresses quality, population health management, best practices and medical research in the Northeast region. We also have a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
Atlantic Health System’s hospitals, programs and services have received prestigious recognition and certifications, including:
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown Medical Center Rated Number One Hospital in New Jersey for the Fifth Year in a Row by U.S. News & World Report
Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center combine to make Atlantic Health System New Jersey’s only health system to hold two top-five ranked hospitals. Read more >
Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center and Chilton Medical Center all earned the highest possible safety rating of ‘A’ by The Leapfrog Group in its Spring 2022 Hospital Safety Grades. Read more >
Atlantic Health System Marks 14th Consecutive Year on the Fortune ‘100 Best Companies To Work For®’ List
For the 14th consecutive year, Atlantic Health System has been named to the Great Place to Work® and Fortune’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®,” ranking number 91. Read more >
Extraordinary People, Extraordinary Workplace
- “100 Best Companies to Work For®”: Fortune Magazine
- America’s Best Employers By State | 2021: Forbes
- Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity: 2019
- 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018: Becker's Healthcare
- Atlantic Accountable Care Organization (ACO) - "100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know:" Becker's Hospital Review
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare: Modern Healthcare
- Best Workplaces in New York – Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- Gold-Level "Well Workplace": Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- 2021 Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
Partnerships and Award-Winning Programs
- Atlantic Health System’s Stroke Centers - Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers: The Joint Commission
- Atlantic Visiting Nurse - Accreditation: The Joint Commission
- Bronze Award – March for Babies: March of Dimes
- Ernest Amory Codman Award Finalist: The Joint Commission
- Healthcare's Most Wired 2021: CHIME
- Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets
- Official Health Partner of Cybex and the Cybex Research Institute
- Security 500: Security magazine
- Super User Award: University HealthSystem Consortium
- Top Doctors: New Jersey Monthly
Awards and Designations for Our Medical Centers
Morristown Medical Center
U.S. News & World Report ranked Morristown Medical Center nationally for cardiology and heart surgery, obstetrics and gynecology and orthopedics as well as recognized the hospital as high performing in 25 types of care. Healthgrades also named it one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2022.
Overlook Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center achieved the 2022 America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™ by Healthgrades and was named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report, high performing in nine types of care.
Chilton Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center and was named a high performing hospital in COPD, kidney failure, stroke and heart failure by U.S. News & World Report.
Newton Medical Center
Newton Medical Center is in the top 10 percent in the nation for critical care and pulmonary care, receiving a five-star ratings for the treatment of bowel obstruction, COPD, diabetic emergencies, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, respiratory failure, sepsis and stroke by Healthgrades. The hospital was also recognized as high performing for COPD, kidney failure, heart failure and stroke by U.S. News & World Report.
Hackettstown Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center has the American College of Radiology Accreditation for C/T Services, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, PET and Ultrasound and has the Joint Commission's Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital was recognized as high performing for kidney failure and stroke by U.S. News & World Report.
Recognition by Type of Care
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
Get updates on the latest health and wellness articles, events and services offered by Atlantic Health System.
This form is for North American residents only.