Atlantic Health System is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a member of AllSpire Health Partners – an alliance of seven hospital systems that addresses quality, population health management, best practices and medical research in the Northeast region. We also have a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
Atlantic Health System’s hospitals, programs and services have received prestigious recognition and certifications, including:
Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center and Chilton Medical Center all earned the highest possible safety rating of ‘A’ by The Leapfrog Group in its Spring 2021 Hospital Safety Grades. Read more >
Atlantic Health System Marks 13th Consecutive Year on Fortune’s ‘100 Best Companies To Work For®’ List
In a year like no other, Atlantic Health System has overcome unprecedented challenges to deliver innovative, high-quality care while maintaining an award-winning workplace. For the 13th consecutive year, the integrated care delivery system has once again been named to Great Place to Work® and Fortune’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®,” ranking number 67. Read more >
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers Named Among World’s Best Hospitals and Best Hospitals for Infection Prevention by Newsweek
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center have been named among the World’s Best Hospitals by Newsweek for the third consecutive year of the publication’s ranking. In addition, both Morristown and Overlook are ranked among the Best Hospitals for Infection Prevention in 2021. Read more >
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers are New Jersey’s Only Hospitals to be Named Among America’s 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades in 2021
This distinction places both Morristown and Overlook among the top 1% of nearly 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for their commitment to providing superior clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades. Learn more >
Extraordinary People, Extraordinary Workplace
- “100 Best Companies to Work For®”: Fortune Magazine
- Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity: 2019
- 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018: Becker's Healthcare
- Atlantic Accountable Care Organization (ACO) - "100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know:" Becker's Hospital Review
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare: Modern Healthcare
- Best Workplaces in New York – Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- Gold-Level "Well Workplace": Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- 2021 Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
Partnerships and Award-Winning Programs
- Atlantic Health System’s Stroke Centers - Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers: The Joint Commission
- Atlantic Visiting Nurse - Accreditation: The Joint Commission
- Bronze Award – March for Babies: March of Dimes
- Ernest Amory Codman Award Finalist: The Joint Commission
- Healthcare's Most Wired 2020: CHIME
- Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets
- Official Health Partner of Cybex and the Cybex Research Institute
- Security 500: Security magazine
- Super User Award: University HealthSystem Consortium
- Surgery, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Residency Programs Accreditation: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Top Doctors: New Jersey Monthly
Awards and Designations for Our Medical Centers
Morristown Medical Center
US News & World Report ranked Morristown Medical Center nationally for cardiology and heart surgery, orthopedics and gynecology as well as recognized the hospital as high performing in 15 types of care. Healthgrades also named it one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2021.
Overlook Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center achieved the 2021 America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™ by Healthgrades and was named a Best Regional Hospital by US News & World Report, high performing in three types of care - colon cancer surgery, COPD and heart failure.
Chilton Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center and was named a high performing hospital in COPD and heart failure by US News & World Report.
Newton Medical Center
Newton Medical Center is in the top 10 percent in the nation for the treatment of stroke, receiving five star ratings for the treatment of heart failure, respiratory failure and sepsis by Healthgrades. The hospital was also recognized as high performing for COPD by US News & World Report.
Hackettstown Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center has the American College of Radiology Accreditation for C/T Services, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, PET and Ultrasound and has the Joint Commission's Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
Recognition by Type of Care
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
Get updates on the latest health and wellness articles, events and services offered by Atlantic Health System.
This form is for North American residents only.