Atlantic Health System is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a member of AllSpire Health Partners – an alliance of seven hospital systems that addresses quality, population health management, best practices and medical research in the Northeast region. We also have a medical school affiliation with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
Atlantic Health System’s hospitals, programs and services have received prestigious recognition and certifications, including:
Atlantic Health System hospitals score their highest marks ever from Leapfrog Safety Grades
Atlantic Health System scored its highest marks ever throughout their five medical centers – four ‘A’ grades and a ‘B’ - by The Leapfrog Group in its Spring 2023 Hospital Safety Grades. Read more >
Three Atlantic Health System Medical Centers Achieve Healthgrades 2023 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
Atlantic Health System, a leading provider of health care in New Jersey, today announced that Chilton Medical Center, Newton Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center have all been recognized by Healthgrades as 2023 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ recipients. Read more >
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers Named Among World’s Best Hospitals by Newsweek
Newsweek has named both Morristown and Overlook medical centers to their list of the World’s Best Hospitals for the fifth consecutive year. In addition, both Morristown and Overlook are ranked among the Best Hospitals for Infection Prevention in 2023. Read more >
Extraordinary People, Extraordinary Workplace
- Greatest Workplaces for Diversity | 2023: Newsweek
- “100 Best Companies to Work For®”: Fortune Magazine
- America’s Best Employers By State | 2021: Forbes
- Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity: 2019
- 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018: Becker's Healthcare
- Atlantic Accountable Care Organization (ACO) - "100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know:" Becker's Hospital Review
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare: Modern Healthcare
- Best Workplaces in New York – Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- Gold-Level "Well Workplace": Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- 2021 Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
Partnerships and Award-Winning Programs
- Atlantic Health System’s Stroke Centers - Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers: The Joint Commission
- Atlantic Visiting Nurse - Accreditation: The Joint Commission
- Bronze Award – March for Babies: March of Dimes
- Ernest Amory Codman Award Finalist: The Joint Commission
- Healthcare's Most Wired 2021: CHIME
- Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets
- Official Health Partner of Cybex and the Cybex Research Institute
- Security 500: Security magazine
- Super User Award: University HealthSystem Consortium
- Top Doctors: New Jersey Monthly
Awards and Designations for Our Medical Centers
Morristown Medical Center
For the fifth consecutive year, Newsweek has named Morristown Medical Center as one of the world's best hospitals. U.S. News & World Report ranked Morristown nationally for cardiology and heart surgery, obstetrics and gynecology and orthopedics as well as recognized the hospital as high performing in 25 types of care. Healthgrades also named it one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2023.
Overlook Medical Center
For the fifth consecutive year, Newsweek has named Morristown Medical Center as one of the world's best hospitals. Overlook Medical Center achieved the 2023 America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award™ by Healthgrades and was named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report, high performing in nine types of care.
Chilton Medical Center
In 2023, Chilton Medical Center received both the America’s 250 Best Hospitals Award™ and Patient Safety Excellence Award™ from Healthgrades. The hospital has also received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center and was named a high performing hospital in COPD, kidney failure, stroke and heart failure by U.S. News & World Report.
Newton Medical Center
Newton Medical Center is in the top 10 percent in the nation for critical care, overall pulmonary services and patient safety. In 2023, Newton was recognized by Healthgrades with its Patient Safety Excellence Award™. The hospital also received five-star ratings for the treatment of bowel obstruction, COPD, heart failure, pneumonia, respiratory failure, sepsis, total knee replacement and upper gastrointestinal surgery by Healthgrades. The hospital was also recognized as high performing for COPD, kidney failure, heart failure and stroke by U.S. News & World Report.
Hackettstown Medical Center
Hackettstown Medical Center has the American College of Radiology Accreditation for C/T Services, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, PET and Ultrasound and has the Joint Commission's Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital was recognized as high performing for kidney failure and stroke by U.S. News & World Report.
Recognition by Type of Care
Subscribe To Our Mailing List
Get updates on the latest health and wellness articles, events and services offered by Atlantic Health System.
This form is for North American residents only.