Atlantic Health System Children's Health provide expert diagnosis and treatment for children and adolescents in need of emergency care. We are equipped with the latest medical diagnostic technology, such as computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-rays and lab work.
Our department is staffed with board-certified pediatric emergency physicians who are specially trained in a wide range of procedures, including stabilizing and splinting of broken bones, draining painful abscesses, treating allergic reactions, managing life-threatening conditions and more.
Many of our pediatric subspecialists are available to consult with patients and their families, if needed. They include physicians in pediatric cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, neurology, rheumatology, infectious disease, nephrology, hematology-oncology, critical care, surgery and neurosurgery.
Pediatric Emergencies Commonly Treated at Our Departments
- Infectious diseases, such as the flu, pneumonia, otitis media, urinary tract infections and meningitis
- Respiratory emergencies, including airway and breathing problems, such as asthma
- Abdominal pain, including gastroenteritis or appendicitis
- Cardiovascular or circulatory emergencies, such as shock, rhythm disturbances and cardiopulmonary arrest
- Altered mental status caused by seizures or drug and alcohol ingestion
- Physical trauma, such as lacerations, burns, concussion and sprains and fractures
- Child abuse and neglect
- Behavioral emergencies, including aggressive behavior and suicide
- Newborn emergencies
- Pain management, including headaches
- Infants and children with special needs, including those with chronic illnesses or those who require technological assistance, such apnea monitors or home artificial ventilators
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Michael Gordon Reeves Pediatric Emergency Department
99 Beauvoir Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
- In emergencies, please call 911.
- 99 Beauvoir Avenue
Hackettstown Medical Center
651 Willow Grove Street
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
- In an emergency, please call 911.
- 651 Willow Grove Street
Newton Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
Our Patient Transfer Center is a service offered to hospitals, physicians and family members who wish to transfer a patient to any Atlantic Health System hospital.