Diseases affecting a child’s nervous system can be complex, requiring the most accurate diagnostic services to pinpoint the source of the issue. At the Division of Child Neurology and Developmental Medicine at Atlantic Health System Children's Health, we provide a wide range of procedures to evaluate young patients with neurological conditions:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to produce images of the organs and structures inside the body
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) – uses MRI techniques to detect problems of the arteries, veins and blood vessels
- Angiography – produces images of the blood vessels and other key areas of the body, including the brain
- Cine MRI – measures the flow of cerebral spinal fluid (CSF)
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) – uses a magnetic field to examine metabolic changes in the brain
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies – applies brief electrical impulses to the skin at different sites to measure muscle responsiveness
- Computed tomography (CT) scanning and 3D reconstruction CT – uses X-rays to create cross-sectional images in patients with skull deformities
- Neuropsychological and educational evaluations
As part of Atlantic Health System Children’s Health, and in conjunction with Atlantic Neuroscience Institute, our program also offers neurophysiological tests, such as:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) and sleep-deprived EEG – records the brain’s electrical activity over the course of approximately 40 minutes in the physician’s office
- 24-hour ambulatory electroencephalogram (EEG) – uses highly-sensitive electrodes placed on the scalp to record the electrical activity of the brain while the patient is at home
- Video monitored EEG – allows physicians to observe both epileptic and non-epileptic seizures
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG) – uses precise sensors to detect and record the magnetic fields associated with electrical activity in the brain
Physician services are provided through Atlantic Medical Group and are on staff at Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Morristown
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Overlook
Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building
11 Overlook Road, Suite 230
Summit, NJ 07901
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Medical Arts Center (MAC) II Building
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Wayne
Atlantic Health Children’s Specialty Center at Flemington
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.