It’s not uncommon for cancer patients to experience physical side effects both during and after treatment that may affect their quality of life. Those looking for assistance managing their symptoms can turn to Atlantic Rehabilitation.
We're certified by Oncology Rehab Partners as a Survivorship, Training and Rehabilitation (STAR®) Program – the nationally-recognized, gold standard in cancer rehabilitation.
Our services, provided by a highly-qualified staff, aim to improve the physical and emotional well-being of anyone recovering from cancer treatment side effects, such as:
- Brachial plexopathy caused by radiation
- Chronic pain
- Decreased strength or endurance
- Gait or balance problems
- Lymphedema or limb swelling
- Muscle weakness
- Peripheral neuropathy caused by chemotherapy
- Poor memory or concentration
- Post-mastectomy pain syndrome
- Postural instability
- Swallowing or speech difficulties
We offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy with a strong focus on personalization to meet individual needs. Services include:
- Pre- and post-surgical assessments
- Scar tissue management
- Conditioning and fitness training
- Lymphedema management
- Patient education
- Home exercise programs
Patients who are receiving cancer treatment, have completed therapy or are in the late stages of disease are eligible for rehabilitation through our STAR Program. Before scheduling an appointment, it is necessary to obtain a written prescription from a physician and verify insurance coverage.