Atlantic Health System encourages a healing nighttime environment. Rest is important for recovery and a necessity for good health. That’s why we want you to have a good night’s sleep. Our night staff is specially trained to keep hospital noise and conversations to a minimum. Please let us know if something is preventing you from getting a good night’s sleep.
We offer a variety of ways to help you get a restful night’s sleep, including TV channels that play continuous music or noise, ear phones, eye masks and more. Please ask your nurse or patient liaison for any amenities that we can offer to help you sleep.
Help Us Support Healing (HUSH)
The noise reduction program at Newton Medical Center is called "Help Us
Support Healing" (HUSH), to reduce noise and ensure a quiet healing environment.
Our commitment to a healing environment includes:
- Closing patient room doors
- Quickly answering call bells, equipment alarms, phones
- Minimizing overhead paging
- Maintaining equipment such as cart wheels to minimize squeaks and rattles
- Offering headphones and earplugs when appropriate
- Automatic television shut-offs at 11:30pm
- Lowering voices and reducing hallway noise