Fluoroscopy is a procedure that uses X-rays to produce real-time video images of organs in motion. Atlantic Health System's radiology services include many fluoroscopic tests, such as voiding cystourethrograms (VCUG), hysterosalpingograms (HSG), upper gastrointestinals (GI) and esophagrams.
Preparing for a Fluoroscopy
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing; you may be given a gown to wear during the procedure.
- Leave metal objects, including jewelry, eyeglasses, dentures and hairpins at home or remove them prior to your exam; you may also be asked to remove hearing aids.
- Depending on the exam, you may be asked to refrain from eating after midnight the day of your appointment.
- Certain exams require obtaining an intestinal prep and clear liquid diet 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Preparations for pediatric patients are age specific; when scheduling the appointment, you will be provided with detailed instructions.
- If you are scheduled for a small bowel series please be prepared to stay up to three hours in the hospital.
- Women should inform their physician and the radiologic technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant or are breast feeding.
- Hysterosalpingograms can only be scheduled at certain times during the menstrual cycle.
- To avoid delays, remember to bring a copy of your prescription.
Atlantic Health System’s radiologists are experts in supervising and interpreting radiology examinations. They will analyze your fluoroscopy and send a signed report to your primary care physician or the physician who referred you for the exam. He or she will discuss the results with you.
Fluoroscopy services may vary by location. Please confirm when booking an appointment.
Chilton Medical Center
Goryeb Children’s Hospital
100 Madison Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Services available for children only.
- 100 Madison Avenue
Hackettstown Medical Center
Morristown Medical Center
Newton Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
- Atlantic Sports Health
- Breast Cancer Services
- Cardiac CT Angiography
- Orthopedic Diagnostic Services
- Vascular Imaging
- Society of Interventional Radiology