New Jersey seniors are amongst the most diverse in regards to culture, race, religion, language and sexual orientation. Here are some specialized resources that can provide assistance.
- New Jersey Office of Minority and Multicultural Health
This NJ Department of Health office works to reduce and ultimately eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities by fostering equal access to programs that promote, support and enable all populations in NJ to achieve optimal health, dignity and independence.
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
This national organization works to influence policy and strengthen community organizations to achieve health equality for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders.
- Catholic Charities – Hispanic Older Adult Services
This program assists Hispanic older adults challenged by language and cultural barriers in identifying and using social services and community resources for which they qualify. The program provides information about community services, referrals, translation, interpretation and advocacy counseling.
- FOCUS Hispanic Seniors Program
FOCUS offers specialized programs for Hispanic seniors in the community.
- Friends of Grace Seniors
FGS provides information, counseling and case management for Korean seniors.
- Morris County Organization for Hispanic Affairs
MCOHA offers a Senior Citizen Program (Corazones Contentos) that includes opportunities for socialization, health education, case management and transportation.
- Hispanic Information Center of Passaic – Catholic Family and Community Services
This Catholic Charities division offers Passaic County seniors with social service information, case management, counseling, translation and interpreters.
- Jewish Family Service of Central New Jersey
Jewish Family Service offers counseling, case management and information about community resources for Holocaust survivors in Morris, Essex and Hudson counties.
- Jewish Family Service of MetroWest NJ
Florham Park, NJ
- Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties
- Jewish Vocational Service – Émigré Resettlement, Citizenship & Immigrant Services
More than 25 nationalities are served in this multi-national, multi-ethnic program that provides a variety of services including information and referral to community resources, English as a Second Language (ESL) tutoring, citizenship preparation, health literacy assistance and translation services for those in Bergen, Essex and Morris counties.
East Orange, NJ 07017
Whippany, NJ 07981
- Literacy Volunteers of New Jersey
LVNJ connects volunteers with those who would like assistance with speaking, reading or writing English. ESL classes and tutoring for all ages offered throughout New Jersey.
- National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association
Promotes mental health awareness and well-being of the Asian American and Pacific islander communities.
- Senior Care and Activities Center – Adult Day Center
Offers specialized activities and menus for Korean and Indian clients.
110 Montclair, NJ
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
The National Resource Center on LGBT Aging is the country's first and only technical assistance resource center aimed at improving the quality of services and supports offered to lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender older adults.
- Services & Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Elders (SAGE)
SAGE offers innovative services and programs to LGBT older people nationwide.
New York, NY
- Hudson Pride Connections Center
An affiliate of Services & Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Elders (SAGE) in New York City, this center provides social avenues for LGBT older adults within northern NJ along with access to information about healthcare, social services and community activities within the region.
Jersey City, NJ
201-963-4779, extension 411
Geriatric Assessment Center
David and Joan Powell Center for Healthy Aging
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
435 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Email Us
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine