The Healthy Aging Program at Atlantic Health System suggests the following helpful resources to help seniors find health and wellness information, including medical equipment and dental, hearing and vision care:
- Atlantic Health System Integrative Medicine
- Atlantic Health System Find a Doctor
- The Offray Arthritis Center at Morristown Medical Center
- Community Health Screenings and Programs
- Sign up for e-Health newsletters for Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center or Goryeb Children’s Hospital
- Atlantic Health System Library for Consumers and Patients
- Diabetes at Atlantic Health System
Since traditional Medicare does not cover dental services, the cost of preventative treatments and routine procedures are an out-of-pocket cost for most seniors. Some people choose to purchase Medigap plans or other insurance that offers dental coverage to reduce the cost of expensive procedures and dentures.
Federally Qualified Health Centers in New Jersey
Federally Qualified Health Centers serve people with limited access to health care governed by a community board comprised of health center patients who represent the population served. Their mission is to provide comprehensive health care and supportive services that promote access to health care, and provide services with fees adjusted based on ability to pay.
Learn more >
Hearing loss is a common concern in older adulthood and affects the person’s overall experience of the world around them. However, hearing aids are often expensive and not covered by traditional Medicare.
- Hearing Aid Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (HAAAD)
- New Jersey Division of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Atlantic Rehabilitation
- Audiology Department at Overlook Medical Center
- New Jersey Association of the Deaf/Blind
Association offers information and referral and family support services for those who are hearing and/or visually impaired.
There are a variety of services for visually-impaired adults, including free or low-cost eye exams, vouchers toward new eyeglasses and special events.
- Catholic Charities - Program for the Visually Impaired
- Cornerstone Family Programs Friends of the Blind
Program links visually impaired individuals in Morris County with volunteers who provide support and friendship to maximize independence.
- Eye Care America
- Lighthouse International
- New Eyes
- New Jersey Association of the Deaf-Blind (NJADB)
- New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
This agency promotes and provides services related to education, employment, independence and eye health.
- New Jersey Foundation for the Blind
Offers emotional support along with training programs in Denville, NJ, for those who become blind or visually impaired throughout Essex, Bergen and Morris counties.
- New Jersey State Library - Talking Book and Braille Center (TBBC)
The Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) is available to all New Jersey residents of any age whose ability to read is affected by a vision impairment, a physical impairment or a reading disability. This includes anyone who cannot read standard print or who cannot hold a book or turn the pages of a book. The TBBC offers more than 60,000 books and more than 75 periodicals that can be shipped to the client’s home for free; English and Spanish materials are available.
Wellness initiatives help older adults make healthy lifestyle choices by educating them on nutrition, exercise, medication, stress management, depression and substance abuse.
HealthEASE was created for older adults to live healthier, more independent lives. It targets older adults at all levels of the health spectrum - from those experiencing no health issues, to those with multiple chronic diseases and physical limitations. HealthEASE offers several programs throughout the state including a health education series and Move Today, a non-aerobic exercise class.
- Project Healthy Bones
- Take Control of Your Health
Take Control of Your Health offers peer-led programs that give people with chronic conditions and their caregivers the knowledge, skills and confidence to take a more active role in their healthcare. It includes three distinct programs, including Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP), Tomando Control de su Salud (a version of CDSMP for Spanish-speaking seniors), and the Diabetes Self-Management Program.
- Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE)
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Chilton Medical Center
Geriatric Assessment Center
David and Joan Powell Center for Healthy Aging
Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine
435 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Email Us
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Morristown Medical Center Outpatient Medicine